Strange head pains and tingling... Anxiety?

Posted , 106 users are following.

Hi everyone, I need a bit of advice. I've been suffering the last few months with health anxiety. Doctors have done all the routine blood tests and have said I'm okay and all my symptoms are anxiety related. I'm waiting for CBT but on a long waiting list and am on no medication whatsoever as I'm trying to avoid it.  I'm now able to identify with a lot of my symptoms and deal with them, some days are good and some are pretty awful but I'm getting through it.

Last night however I had something new and it sent me into a panic again.  A few weeks ago I was getting some sharp pains in my head, on the crown area and slightly to the left. Sort of dull aches and then the odd shooting pain.  Anyway, putting it down to just another symptom of anxiety I've tried to ignore it. But as I laid in bed last night I started to get this tingly sensation, not painful but really noticeable and in the exact same position I sometimes get these head pains and it then spread across my head and my face. Then my head started to ache in that same spot. This morning I've woken up and it's still there. My brain likes to tell me that it's a brain tumour as it feels in such a specific part of my head but I'm really hoping it's just another normal symptom. Has anyone else had this? It just feels very unnerving! 

The annoying thing I can't seem to process is that I'm 34 years old, have never suffered from anxiety and then one day I changed for no apparent/obvious reason and I can't seem to get back to my normal self.  It just fuels the worry that there is something really wrong with me. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Lisa

10 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've had the same thing for over 12 yrs it doesn't go away u just have to live with it..sometimes I fill like I'm having a heart attack but I have to live with it there is nothing a dr can do to help sometimes I take a Bayer asprin it helps sometimes but just breath I threw ur nose out threw ur mouth and try to relax...I wish u luck I'm 55 been living with it
  • Posted

I know what it is and I know what is causing it, so please if you can just call me

• Posted

What is it please let me know also I have the same head issues also
  • Posted

A suggestion: read up on the symptoms associated with Iron deficiency, folate deficiency and B12 deficiency. 

If the symptoms bear ANY similarity at all with what you're experiencing, go to the nearest pharm/health food store and buy sublingual B12 tablets (500mcg). Stick one under your tongue and let it dissolve. Don't drink or eat (or smoke) anything for 30 minutes or so before and after taking the pill. The sublingual form allows the B12 to pass through the skin under your tongue into your bloodstream. Some people lack the ability to absorb B12 via the stomach. If the B12 temporarily improves your condition, ask your doctor to test your blood for B12, folate and iron deficiencies.

I had a majority of the symptoms many of you are describing. I was diagnosed with anxiety and Horton's disease. In fact, it was an unchecked vitamin deficiency.

• Posted

Hi Lisa I been having burning pain right hand top head and right ear doctors done all my bloods in March also had MRI which I paid for as doctors would send me said anxiety / I been doctors 6 times since Christmas about burning in head and ear all bloods normal said anxiety sending me CBT / it went for 6 weeks now it back again my GP gave me citalapram in April but because I worry about taking medication in case have allergic reaction I was cutter it up for a month the head pains went then I became really anxious having funny thoughts worry over health all time broke down in doctors told me I needed take the full citalopram 10mg as it wasn't working cutting up I been on them 4 weeks now and also diazapam 2 mg can take up to 3 times a day I seemed be getting a bit better but head pains and burning ear back so worried again don't no what to do / how are you coping as I suck going doctors being told anxiety I have joined support group on mindfulness course I doing everything but it back I can not believe it anxiety I have been of work 3 months now xx
    • Posted

I see we have a lot of the same symptoms, I have had mri's, of my brain, head, and neck , they said I was healthy , I have all types of blood work, etc , everything was normal , all the Dr's can say is its anxiety, I can't deal , I didnt want to take the meds I was prescribed because of the side effects , I was scared . it always seem to come and go but its really irritating and scary
    • Posted

Hi Jenni how long have you been having the head symptoms mine are back again since Friday burning ear and top right side head pain I taking paracetomol dosnt work I have made appointment to see GP that 4th July but always say it anxiety but I no other symptoms of anxiety my pulse normal not sweating no racing heart it just gets me really worried I don't want go to the hospital as scared of going brings on panics if they start wiring me up to ECG this anxiety worry about my health taking over my life xx
    • Posted

Hi jack , I've been having the head symptoms on and off for months now . the Dr says its all anxiety and since I've already been checked out and had a MRI of the brain , neck , and head and that's all good , I guess it is anxiety . but.it drives me crazy , like.right now.I'm having this extreme head and neck tightness not really any pain but just very very uncomfortable
    • Posted

Did you ever have your cervical spine looked at.

I did every test under the sun only to find out my neck is a mess with arthritis and pinched nerves and that is what is causing mine!

I'm really not sure what to do about it either.

• Posted

Anxiety not good is it I can't believe it causes so many problems are you taking any medication XX

• Posted

I am so relieved I am not the only one. I knew it was my anxiety going to another level. I personally have been suffering from anxiety since I was 17. Always been healthy and till this day, 12 years later, I feel fine. Its just when the attacks kick in I feel like I'm going to drop dead. I also am very aware of any minor pain or discomfort in my body, but I always tell myself its my anxiety. If it was something else I would have been hospitalized. It really sucks we have to live like this, but les keep positive folks. Best to you all and God bless.
  • Posted

I have exactly the same...Its anxiety. Pain on side of head ..A painmight last for 5 seconds then go away..Tongling like pins and needles on side of face..I get tingling and muscle spasm inside right side of stomach too, below and under right lowest ribs....I am so so worried snd anxious that my cancer that I was diagnosed with 12 months ago--will return , even though Im in remission...

Its so nerve racking..I try not to worry but deep inside I am very very anxious...

• Posted

Hey Lisa,

My name is Lisa also. I have experienced same symptoms and very frustrating. I had TBI with metal plates in my head and I have separate lump on my head that lately has been irritated with tingling in face and head , dizziness and headaches. Dr put me on low dose bus par , I'm on generic it has helped with the anxiety, but I still get overwhelmed easily can't take slot going on. And I do get worried trying figure out the strange things going on. Vertigo medicine helps with being off balance but have take at night because makes me feel sleepy. I'm very sensitive to medicine . I tried mess for my nerves but most too strong don't like feeling disoriented because already feel like that. I have lump on head to left and in different spot that where metal plates are. Lump is irritated and caused tingling in face and head and I'm afraid because I have had mini strokes. I have nerve damage also along with other medical issues associated from injuries. I read in article that diet sodas contain aspartame and if gets certain degree that causes poisoning to body and causes certain problems that resemble ms and other symptoms, and possible death not sure if article is based on facts but story about lady who got deathly sick. I use to drink diet drinks but that's not cause of problems I'm having. I just wish the tingling go away and sharp pain in my head that is from lump. It affects a lot and it's scary. I going to get dr to refer me back to my neurologist who 1st did my surgery and saved my life. As far as help with pain Neurortin and no name all day pain relief from over the counter helps some but symptoms always reoccurr and gotten worst.

• Posted

yes im getting shooting pains in my head its like a strange sensation striking through my head and you can feel it more when your not busy or when you close your eyes and its also giving me dizzy spells..changes in my life or busy sociable moments makes me worse and gives me low moods while i feel like this. me and my freinds thought it was a good idea to take a xtc tablet one time but all my freinds or fine and im not? maybe with me having a long time depression and anxiety its just made me feel worse. 
  • Posted

Just know you arenot alone Lisa.I'm constantly in fear of something happening to me. Does anyone else feel confusion at times through day,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.