Strange head pains and tingling... Anxiety?

Posted , 106 users are following.

Hi everyone, I need a bit of advice. I've been suffering the last few months with health anxiety. Doctors have done all the routine blood tests and have said I'm okay and all my symptoms are anxiety related. I'm waiting for CBT but on a long waiting list and am on no medication whatsoever as I'm trying to avoid it.  I'm now able to identify with a lot of my symptoms and deal with them, some days are good and some are pretty awful but I'm getting through it.

Last night however I had something new and it sent me into a panic again.  A few weeks ago I was getting some sharp pains in my head, on the crown area and slightly to the left. Sort of dull aches and then the odd shooting pain.  Anyway, putting it down to just another symptom of anxiety I've tried to ignore it. But as I laid in bed last night I started to get this tingly sensation, not painful but really noticeable and in the exact same position I sometimes get these head pains and it then spread across my head and my face. Then my head started to ache in that same spot. This morning I've woken up and it's still there. My brain likes to tell me that it's a brain tumour as it feels in such a specific part of my head but I'm really hoping it's just another normal symptom. Has anyone else had this? It just feels very unnerving! 

The annoying thing I can't seem to process is that I'm 34 years old, have never suffered from anxiety and then one day I changed for no apparent/obvious reason and I can't seem to get back to my normal self.  It just fuels the worry that there is something really wrong with me. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Lisa

10 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anxiety is a very tricky b*****d. google 'the linden method' if you want. it most likely saved my life a few years ago. 

• Posted

My episodes begun a couple of years ago. Very similar. It occurs when I'm trying to go to sleep and the feeling is a sharp tickle type pain followed by a headache. I often wake the next morning with bloodshot eyes and a dull headache that stays with me throughout the day. The episodes do not occur every night but when they do, I am terrified I'm about to have a stroke. Furthermore, on occasion it's been coupled with a sudden stomach ache which also goes away and my sinuses seem to also be very sensitive. It's really odd. Lastly, I have shoulder pain which is chronic (upper right back area) and I'm convinced something is pinching a nerve and causing all this crap! I've had CT scans of my lungs and my head, bloodwork and heart monitoring, all with negative results. I'm going to a pain physician later this week. I'm really scared. I'm wondering if anyone has had a spinal tap done for these symptoms and what the outcome was if yes? 

• Posted

mytwosons,

I had a sever headache and didn’t think it was part of my anxiety. I hadn’t experienced a headache that bad ever. I went to ER and they wanted to rule out meningitis so I had a spinal tap procedure. Thankfully it was negative! Last previous posts, I’ve had multiple tests and they all come back negative. I’m trying CBD oil for my anxiety and waiting to see if it helps. I’ll keep you posted and effects. 

• Posted

Lisa, 

The very reason I am writing is because I suffer from these tingling sensations up the back of my neck and then progress to the top of my head, thus causing me major discomfort and major shyness which again is so very frustrating and disabling .. 

Good to talk

Colin 

• Posted

I have suffered fromanxiety and depression for most of my life but been on treatment.  I've been doing pretty well and about four weeks ago, my wife and I were on our way back from vacation, where I'd been I'll, and I experienced a really dull, sudden pain in my head that was really intense, followed immediately by shooting sensations, lightheadedness, tingling and panic.  I can only describe the sensation as very scary.  Well, I've continued to have these pains half a dozen timer daily, along with a regular headache.  Both my headache and pains seems to move but mainly on my right side.  My PCP ordered and MRI, which he said came back showing nothing except acute sinusitis, so he put me in a really strong antibiotics regimen.   I'm really worried that he's missing something and that I might have an aneurysm ready to rupture or that I've hurt my brain stem from chiropractic adjustments over the years.  I'm pretty sure my doctors chalk it up to anxiety but it feels really scary and so really to me.  Any advice on what I should do?

• Posted

I started having the same problems just started a few days ago I have no idea what it is I'm scared it's a timer too but my doc said I'm fine and gave me pills for the headaches so if you find out what it's please let me know

• Posted

Ohh your symptoms are very similar in mine.. I also have headaches on my left head and spread all over my face and I always think that my left head will burst. Im really scared sometimes. 😢

• Posted

So I've been experiencing something along these lines it just hasn't gone on as long and the pain is almost bringing me to tears because it's shap but quick. I was just wondering if you ever found answers

• Posted

I'm having exactly the same thing right now, on the crown slightly to the left! How have you been feeling since?

• Posted

have you gotten any answers? i have same issues and no one can figure it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.