Strange head sensations....

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello ladies!!

Been wanting to ask about a strange symptom I have at times. As I do have anxiety as well, wasn't sure where to post this lol.

Every once in a while I have this strange head sensation, kind of like vertigo, off balance issue, but different... hard to describe. It's more like a "woosh" feeling like a strong wind pushing my head for a second ,feels like a sort of jerk but not sure if my head is really jerking or it's just a feeling... it's very strange! I have noticed that it happens mid cycle as well as right before my period most of the times ... but it doesn't happen always.

I am on Effexor as well for anxiety and thought maybe it could be the med too. Idk.. it's just a weird strange feeling that makes me sometimes grasp hold of something .

Have any of you ever experienced anything like that?? It sets off my anxiety every time!!!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I am not on any medication but I certainly have had something very very smilar happenings to left side of my head. It feels very odd. Yes, like a big wind brushing it or some kind of electricity, fuzziness. I haven't had a for a while now. But it does come and goo. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you! Maybe another hormonal weirdness ... it comes in waves... I won't have it for a while and then it happens , just so I can relive the weirdness wink

Helps knowing someone can relate to such a strange thing to describe !

• Posted

Very strange in deed. So difficult to discribe that I didn't even bother to tell anyone. 😃

• Posted

Hi

I have been having strange feeling one right sidw of head,tightness, pressure, numbess on that same side of face. symptom last about half hour at times.

Would like to mention had my levels checked blood work says I'm not in menapause. But I tell you I have all wird symptoms memmory,anziety,cry alot, short temper, no ambitiousion, thinning hair,tingling in hands .

Also no periods 6 months then just had one,very speratic.

Thanks for listening

• Posted

What labs did they check ? My doctor checked FSH only which can still be normal through premenopause although with all the symptoms, most definitely can be premenopause!
  • Posted

Had to lay on the floor earlier today because of similar! I don't have a cycle (Mirena coil fitted) and mine can happen any time, but sounds like a very similar feeling...

• Posted

The first time I had that feeling I did the same!! Sat smack down in the middle of the floor with it, terrified me and my girls... had husband bring me water , my dew, and a cold wash cloth!! None since has been as bad as that first time but still freaks me out... no explanation .
    • Posted

Hi Sparrow, can I ask how long ago you had mirena fitted. I too have more natural and still having periods. Not as strong as before but still have. Small amount of blood etc comes but drags on and on. Plus I feel so rotton. Last time I had mirena I stopped having periods but now it behaves differently. I am confused.
  • Posted

How long you been on Effexor and what mg? My husband was on that he took 150mgs in the morning and 150mgs at night. He was actually given it for "pain managment" He had a horrible back! Well he was on it for like  3 to 4 years every time he tried to come off of it the symptoms was so terrible he had to start it back. He got the symptoms simular to yours and much worse. He could never come off of it due to the side affects coming off was horrible. He got ALS and passed away Jan 16, 2015 for him that drug ended up been a nightmare the nuerologist swears up and down before he was finally diagnosed with ALS that it wasn't the medicine however my husband and I knew it was causing the symptoms he was having before he fianlly got ALS. His symptoms of ALS highthen when they cold turkey the Effexor and gave him 40 mg of Clexia sp? He then after been on the Celixa for a month he started falling down and got weakness in his hands he could no longer turn his hands or even open a lid on a jar or feed himself then the next day he woke up and could hardly speak his voice was very very rough could not understand what he was trying to say then rapaidly he became completely paralized he could only move his eyes (locked in his own body) and less than 4 months later he was put on life support. I won't go into how bad and hidioues of a disease ALS is. BUT I would say two drugs I would NEVER take is Effexor or Clexia now maybe the drugs had NOTHING to do with it. There are people that got ALS and never took that drug. Everyone reacts different to different drugs but if any new symptoms that start after taken it I would advise you to consult your doctor. And research Effexor would be a good ideal as well. Now the weird head stuff I have gotten off and on during this prei and meno journey for sure.

• Posted

I've been on Effexor 37.5 mg in the mornings. I've been on it for about two years. I can't tolerate more than that as it severely increased my anxiety . I have heard it is HORRID to wean off of, only found that out after I had started it ??? So now I'm afraid to go off !

I've never heard of a med causing ALS ... so sorry your husband went through that , and you too!! Sounds awful 😔

I have asked docs about my symptoms and they all tell me either hormones or silent migraines, denying any connection to Effexor , which I specifically asked about ...

I'll research it more!

• Posted

Thats a low dose which is good. My husband does was much higher the one doctor said that to really feel good with that med  it needs to be a dose of 150mg which he took 75 mg morning and then 75 mgs night then they switched it too 150 mg morning and 150 mg night. I personally hate that meds at any does because of coming off of it is rough. I even think theres lawsuits on it. You at 37mg might have better time weaning off should you ever want to or need too so thats good! 
  • Posted

I definitely have and still do have the same issue. I am now on meds for my anxiety and all though the head problems has eased I still get the same feeling every now and then.
    • Posted

Thank you!! Definitely seems worse when my anxiety is higher although not nearly as bad as the first time I experienced it... after so many symptoms for so long you'd think I'd get used to it but the weirdness gets me every time!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.