Strange lumps in back of throat - Health anxiety at an all time high!

Posted , 85 users are following.

Hi all!

thanks in advance for any replies!

so earlier today I noticed in the back of my throat that there were numerous big pink lumps, I have intense health anxiety so this has resulted in a day full of googling and panicking about cancer etc 😦

I was hoping someone here may have experienced these before and could reassure me and in turn calm my silly anxiety down.

thanks guys 😃

Samimage

0 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Looking like you could have the start of a cold, nothing major, how are you feeling

• Posted

My friend said the same thing. thats a relief! Anxiety can make you think some silly things.

Im okay thank you, I've felt a bit off all day so a cold would surely explain it.

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply but I have only just seen your reply, yes sadly anxiety can mimic any disease or illness going and even the smallest symptoms can become mega to us sufferers, I'm glad you have somewhere to go to ask the question before it gets out of hand, always ask for reassurance as it's free

• Posted

hey i have the same thing but mine looks a little different. You have any idea what this could be?image

• Posted

that is called cobblestone throat i think completely normal. likely due to post nasal drip or acid reflux.

• Posted

omg i have these and have had them for almost 4 months now i first noticed them when i was ill with a viral infection and the doctors said it was just throat ulcers but theyve not gone since and i always get mouth ulcers when im run down and i know there not throat ulcers !!

• Posted

hello i have the same problem, the bumps appear after a cold. i have those bumps and swollen tonsils but the weird thing is that it doesn't hurt. i went back to the doctor and he did a flu test which became negative so he did an viral herpes test. i am still waiting on my results but i am very concerned image

• Posted

Hey! I have the same thing!!

Did you figure out what it was?

Thank you:)

• Posted

Did you figure out what it is? i have the same thing and its quite uncomfortable

• Posted

Hey yazmin this looks like exactly like mine, did you find out what it was?

• Posted

hi, ive found the exact same thing at the back of my throat 6/7 months ago and also suffer from swollen tonsils, i approached a doctor and he dismissed it, told me it was because of decreased immunity with lockdown but because of health anxiety i cant help but think its more, did you recieve results?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.