Strange lumps in back of throat - Health anxiety at an all time high!

Posted , 85 users are following.

Hi all!

thanks in advance for any replies!

so earlier today I noticed in the back of my throat that there were numerous big pink lumps, I have intense health anxiety so this has resulted in a day full of googling and panicking about cancer etc 😦

I was hoping someone here may have experienced these before and could reassure me and in turn calm my silly anxiety down.

thanks guys 😃

Samimage

0 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

HELP!! I have a similar issue, can anyone tell me if they have the same thing? !

• Posted

did u find out what it was i got it tp but mien hurts and j had my tonsels removed so i cant get strep

• Posted

I didnt! But after a proper freak/research out session I found it just to be cobblestone. Mine doesnt hurt, I cant identify the lump in the back. How long has your throat hurt? And does it hurt to swallow? I know its tough to see anyone now with Covid..

• Posted

three days and yes last night got up at 2 am and could not drink water it hurt that bad

• Posted

hm... I think the first step is to gargle with salt water, just put a few teaspoons and dissolve that in tap water. Or gargle with hydrogen peroxide and water. Try that for a few days and if it doesnt help then you should see a doctor.

• Posted

hi, does yours feel like you have a pill stuck? no pain? no doctor will see me and im panicking, my throat does look like the photos of cobblestone throat but i dont feel anxious so not sure if it us that, its so annoying!

• Posted

hey, no but i could psych myself out and then feel like it hurts a little or that theres something stuck in there. Im here with you... I cant go for any kind of check up these days. But I have no pain, in fact I wouldnt have noticed something is up if I hadnt randomly looked in there with a flashlight haha.. Do you have pain?

• Posted

hi! no pain at all just the feeling of something stuck or needing to be coughed up, its seemed a little better today but still there, my voice goes croaky too

• Posted

Mine looks very similar to yours.

I have this thing for like a year or something. It all started with postnasal drip... Went to doctor took samples for bacterial test it came out negative, tried antibiotics also no results. Than my doctor recommended allergy test and blood test. I had reaction to dust mites but nothing major and on the blood work i had a bit higher levels of eosinophil which indicated allergy but the weird thing is that even after a lot of allergy therapy Including antihistamines, corticosteroids (spray) there was no results in fact It made my nose and throat more prone to irritation so I dumped all that stuff in the garbage. Every doctor says the same thing take this and you'll be fine... I'm tired from going to the hospital I kinda learned to live with it but for sure I can tell how much this has affected my quality of life and caused me so much anxiety.

I see a lot of people associated this with Lpr or silent reflux. I decided to experiment a little bit. I'm on a low acid diet at the moment for 2 days and sleep in elevated position. If I see any results and healing I'll share it. If it was cancer i guess i wouldn't be here typing this hahaha. Remember don't stress yourself too much, Eat healthy and drink a lot of water so your throat is clear of mucus all the time because the thick mucus itself causes the inflammation. I Hope you'll find a good doctor and heal quickly. All the best.

• Posted

if you don't mind me asking, how long have you had the bumps on your throat? Mine has been there for 2 months already and I'm scared.

• Posted

Thanks Petar, I have also the exact same condition and looks the same as OP. I have had it for some months now but it doesn't hurt so i never went to doc. Today i decided to look at it again and it was still there and i have health anxiety so my mind went somewhere else thinking about what if there is more of it in esophagus because sometimes i have slight discomfort while swallowing. I have all the conditions, allergic rhinnetis, heavy mucus formation and even silent reflux(i didn't get this checked out but bile is in my mouth when i wake up every morning) since you got bacterial test it might help to single out to reflux. Ps i am in my 20's and quite skinny, reflux is odd to me.

• Edited

Actually mine doesn't have lumps, it looks very similar to OP's picture. It's more like white spots. However I saw that most people with the same problem as me complain about bumps forming on their throat. If you can provide photo I'll tell you if we are talking about the same thing. Do you have white spots? Or is it just bumps? Btw my white spots are still there after over a year but they look a bit smaller since I've made some diet and lifestyle changes which lowered my nasal and throat irritation.

• Posted

hi Sonika

what is status now, is it got cured? what is status now??

• Posted

have you ever performed oral on someone? mine only started after I gave someone a b******b

• Posted

I also have the same symptoms in the throat but the thing is i dont know when it started but i did perform oral on someone i know. Did u get tested? pls let me know

• Posted

I got a blood and urine test and also the one that has a test name HB2A etc and it all came negative and normal yet im still worried and got hyper anxiety cause i have these white patches in back of my throat though its painless. the doctor gave me antibiotics and im currently still taking the medicine. what can u say?

• Posted

hi, is yours treated now? i am experiencing it for almost 2 yrs aldready. it started when i have a high fever and idk what happened. it doesnt hurt but it is uncomfortable. it feels lile there is something stuck on my throat.

• Posted

btw mine has red lines and yellow bumps

• Posted

same issue after oral sex . had received z pack and antibiotics for about a month but they come back . Im really stressed out about it , doctor did stds test after around 3 weeks and everything came back negative . what was your diagnosis if i may ask? dis they ever went away? when i have them my throat pain is unbearable.

• Posted

hey, any improvement ?

mine is same and i guess its because of silent reflux only ..

• Posted

Heloo everyone , I had covid a year ago and soon after I got covid negative a lymph nodes swelled up in my neck (it's still here!!)

and a few days ago I had swollen uvula so i checked my throat with flashlight and mirror and found I had these similar bumps, these bumps are kind of yellowish at the back of the throat and everybody here seems to have the same problem and it appears that they are due to mucus dripping from the nasal area and are swollen lymph nodes, I think mine appeared at the same time the lymph nodes in my neck swollen and so it's been there for a year (probably) I don't think it causes pain as my neck lymph node doesn't and no replies saying if this gets cured or not if mine gets cured I won't forget to reply and those wondering if it's from oral whatever it isn't I'm a boy and I don't give oral or whatever haha.

• Posted

hi! is your neck lymph node still there? mine has been here for 2 years and have not went down nor become bigger. went to ENT and they think it is just swollen lymph nodes and now i found bumps at the back of my throat too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.