Strange lumps in back of throat - Health anxiety at an all time high!

Posted , 85 users are following.

Hi all!

thanks in advance for any replies!

so earlier today I noticed in the back of my throat that there were numerous big pink lumps, I have intense health anxiety so this has resulted in a day full of googling and panicking about cancer etc 😦

I was hoping someone here may have experienced these before and could reassure me and in turn calm my silly anxiety down.

thanks guys 😃

Samimage

0 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just realized I have this white bump in the back of my throat too and I have bad acid reflux. I'm kinda scared as I have troubles swallowing, I can swallow but I feel like a lump in my throat. I hope it's not dangerous plus now doctors won't perform orl tests.

• Posted

mine feels the same, does yours hurt? my feeling also doesnt start till after breakfast, i wake up feeling normal but by about 10 the feeling is there again its so worrying

• Posted

The same for me, I feel like something is definitely in my throat. I'm panicking now. I just hope it's not cancer.

• Posted

my throat is so dry too, nothing seems to quench it, its so annoying there all the time, only break is when im eating, hows yours today?

• Posted

I feel the exact same. Started about 3 weeks ago. Sometimes feels burning/dry. Been taking omeprazole and loratadine for a week, but no change in appearance. I'm panicking!!

• Edited

hi, i have exactly the same as this, i also have a white puss spot as back of mouth along with redish lumps back of throat, im so worried im not sleeping spent 2 days scanning google i cant cope with it, the doctors told me to call back next month and im so worried, i am also constantly clearing my throat

• Edited

Hi, i have the same red marks and lumps in my throat, has anyone else had tightness in their throat? Ive had this for over a month, i'm booked in for blood tests in 2 weeks.

My glands feel a little sore but no sore throat and no temperature etc?

• Posted

hi karen, i have exactly the same symptoms as you! i went to hospital and doctors, lots of testa all come back normal, they are telling me anxiety! im not sure how and im not totally happy as the pain i have had in my neck has been chronic for over a year!

• Posted

Hi Robert, I'm sorry to hear u have been unwell for over a year now. Have they ever given u antibiotics? Did they test for reflux? Are u able to eat ok?

Does it affect your everyday life? It's making me fed up now and all i can think about. I don't like the throat tighness as it feels so uncomfortable and i can't take a full breath. The doctor told me to take Piriton but it didn't help. What tests did u have?

• Posted

Hi Samual,

I have been worried sick as my girlfriend has exactly the same symptoms with no pain, though she also feels as though something is stuck in her throat and her throat feels tight.

The strangest thing is that my mother has just phoned me saying she has the same symptoms and we are all in lock down here in Australia .

we are going to the doctors for the 2nd time tomorrow as the 1st doctor we saw told us it was probably reflux, (which I do not believe at all).

I will let you all know as soon as and if we can find out what is going on.

cheers Mick

• Posted

Omg!! I also have this same thing.. I was really worried on the day when i found this for the first time.. I researched about this on the entire internet.. I came to know that this is cubblestone throat.. I dont have any pain nor any problem while eating but still its little scary while having a look on this bumps.. Anyone know for how long this may last?? Should we need any medical care for this?? It started for me before couple of days.. So if anyone who knows more about this please kindly reply.. Thanks

• Posted

i have the same issue for about 6 weeks now. i notice them after a cold/cough. they are still there now no pain nothing HELP? my mouth looks exactly like yours.

• Posted

i have the same bumps for almost a month. its irritating and it is bothering me a lot because my back neck is swollen the same as my armpit (i think nodes). anyone who feel the same symptoms with me? it causing me a lot of anxiety cause everytime i google it cancer appear in search results...

• Posted

Hello!

I have exactly the same issue. Its stressful as the circumstances are bad but i've been expirencing this for about 3-4 months now. I have been to the doctors for blood tests and they came back clear. They just said that i am 'ran down'. It is effecting my day to day life because its causing me anxiety, i am 17 years old. If anyone finds a solution please share 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.