strange panic attack or something else?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi my name is Allison and I'm 31 I've had panic attacks since I was 15 my normal symptoms during panic attacks are fast heart , short of breath , thinking I will pass out or die , dizzy and shaking .About a month ago out of the blue I started to get a weird feeling in my stomach like a hit of adrenaline my upper arms would get hot then a feeling of intense fear and doom would hit these intense feelings will last for about 40 seconds then die of for about 1 minute then the feelings of fear and doom will hit again last for 40 seconds then go for a minute this will go on for hours non stop while I'm experiencing theses feelings of fear and doom it feels like I am going to lose complete control or go totally insane sometimes during these attacks I also feel a intense feeling of agitation or anger the whole time this goes on my body has no physical symptoms of anxiety my hearts 70 beats ect a minute and blood pressure is normal after about half an hour of these very scary feelings I do start to feel a bit heavy in my breathing and my hands start to tremble which is a normal reaction considering the feelings of rage , fear , insanity and doom . My doctor says thus is a panic attack but I can't accept this as its bizzare compared to the panic attacks ice experienced since I was 15 . Does any one no what's going on with me I'm terrified cause when these attacks start I can't calm down no matter what and after its over I don't feel right its like I am not myself I can't connect to my life I feel like I'm going nuts . Please help if you no what's happening to me I'm so scared .

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Allison, I can really relate to how you're feeling - not the hot feelings, but everything else you said. My panic attacks rarely have physical symptoms any more, in fact the first time I had one in front of my boyfriend he laughed because I simply jumped out of my seat out the blue and said "I'm having a massive panic attack" and left the room. During my attacks I literally just feel complete doom from nowhere, I feel totally detached from the real world & feel like I am going mad. Occasionally my hands will shake and I can certainly feel my heart pounding but to look at me, nobody would know that the world was falling apart in my mind. The feelings of detachment sometimes pass qyiyr5 quickly & sometimes they last all day.
    • Posted

Hi Suzie thank you for replying its the panic attacks without the physical symptoms are very scary I honesty didn't no if that was a panic attack cause I've always had the physical symptoms and I've never had feelings of doom and fear of going insane normally I'll think I'm going to have a heart attack or faint. You are the second person that I have talked to on this forum that had experienced the same panic attacks thanks again for making me feel more normal and not so alone
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time with these panic attacks. 

I have panic attacks and anxieties to where my heart is racing and i feel like i am going to pass out or die yes they are scary. 

These new symptoms you described its weird maybe you are angry about something and you feel like exploding but its coming out in a different way. Are you keeping your anger inside i know if you bottle up your anger that can lead to a lot of stuff 

I hope everything gets better and you can find ways to control whats going on 

• Posted

The sad and unfair thing with these panic attacks is they morph. You stopped fearing the other symptoms so by accepting them your bosy created new ones. Fear does that. Oanic attcks effect seventy percent of your body so tons of weird symptoms can arise. Peri and menapause bring on a whole new set of issues so it becomes difficult to figure out whats what. The best answer is learning mindfullness breathing techniques and healing mediatations. They honestly really help. At first they might put you to sleep or youll fight it every inch of the way..ince you accept it and follow it it really works well. The body cant feel two emotions at the same time . It cant.  So practice the brathing and meditations and you will be able to bring down the anxiety levels enough to rationalize out that you are not in danger. Panic attcks are absolutely exhausting and drain the body. You will hit mental exhaustion before you ever get the chance to go crazy so dont worry about that. People with extreme anxiety tend to make tons of anxiety rules and cling to control so you wont go crazy. It is very exhausting and scary. Its so unfair on so many levels.wish you well and hang in there.lets all keep praying some scientist somewhere figures out how to correct this dysfunction.
    • Posted

Thanks to Adam and Eve we suffer with all this eve was so disobedience gods promise that she would suffer the rest of her life and all women do grrrrrr
  • Posted

I totally know how you feel. I've had anxiety for years. I don't normally get panic attacks, but I do remember the few I have had. I've been on meds for a long time and was doing great up until this past Friday. I had a panic attack in the car out of nowhere. It sure didn't feel like one. I just started feeling like everything was fading and I seriously felt like I was dying...Then a few minutes later I was shaking like a leaf and my entire tongue and entire roof of my mouth were numb. It just didn't feel like a panic attack and now I'm freaking out that something serious happened. I had my heart checked and it was all normal, but now I'm scared it was head related. Ugh!! So scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.