Strange smell

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. You're all going to think I'm a little strange. Does any of you, while drinking or recovering smell their hands( well between the fingers) and it smells different? It's a smell I can't really describe but I actually like it. It reminds me of my brother who died. It's weird but it's not a horrible smell, it's nice ?

0 likes, 70 replies

70 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Yes a lot of us are ocd. All the best people are, David Beckham is, haha!! I'm not over the top and try not to let it take over my already crazy mind. Like keeping house tidy, everything in place, like cushions , wonky pictures. I have to stop my mind from controlling me in this way. Bringing up 3 kids helped me to let go and go with the flow! Impossible to have a spotless house with young kids. Going to the loo in public, once I've flushed the loo and washed hands, I use a paper towel when opening the door so don't get germs!!

Re the smell. It's not a dirty unpleasant smell like if you haven't washed for days, I get it when I'm ill too. Think it's just toxins really. I'm not a smelly sweaty person.. Lol 

• Posted

Also... I LOVE  Chanel No.5 !  My luxury !!  Better than booze... but I can't drink it !!! LMFAO
    • Posted

I would have to spray it down my gob !  So, not classy !! LOL
    • Posted

Forgot to mention... I do the hand towel on door handle thing too. Also clean loo seat before sitting down.  Also carry loo paper, in handbag.  Completely normal.  
    • Posted

I don't sit on loo seat in public toilets, I just hover above, good for thigh muscles !!! Men are lucky they don't have to sit down in loos unless they need a poo..lol!! Though I hear that a lot don't wash hands after..yuk!!!

I do like your posts Ade, learn something everyday on here. I'd never heard of dysthymic disorder( googled it and have it I think!). Or the monkeys paw, like that too. X

• Posted

LMFAO..what's that? My son bought his girlfriend channel no5 for Xmas £75 .He 16. She won't wear anything else. I was glad is I got Charlie when I was that age( about £5!). 

Marilyn Monroe famous for saying she only wore Chanel No 5 in bed..I love that xx

• Posted

not drunk! Predictive text! I was glad if..plus he is 16!
    • Posted

Oh Paper Fairy... I am so happy when I know something modern.   LMFAO = Laughing my fat arse off ! 

I loved Charlie... lovely scent from long ago...not slang for drug.

We were so innocent.

I wear Chanel No.5 in bed... + pajamas... + socks...+ Dressing gown, if it's cold.

Perfectly normal... in my world.

• Posted

Great isn't it, caught short, find a tree or bushes and the job's a good 'un.

I remember going to a rugby match at Twickenham in the late '80s early '90s. They didn't have as many toilets as now and the interval was 5 minutes max, no going off the field for the players.

So if you went to the toilet, you'd miss the start of the 2nd half. So all the blokes just went in the stairwell (concrete) against the wall. Rivers of p*ss running down the steps.

• Posted

The computer thing changes what you put in.  Not even predictive text.  I know how I want to spell words.  Then, I read back later... it is different.  I blame technology.  It is not the answer to everything. 
    • Posted

Forgot cotton gloves, for wrecked skin on hands...with over washing.

All, perfectly normal.  No wonder I drink. xx

• Posted

Ha ha re lmfao, new one for me. Remember a few years ago, my partner(on/off) said he found it a bit strange when men were putting lol at end of messages. He thought it meant "lots of love" and thought they were coming on to him!!
    • Posted

I thought that for ages. Kept using it as lots of love. Wondering why others use of it seemed weird.  Just check with your youngsters... There is an alternative language, out there.  We just need to know ... what we need to know. LOL 😀
    • Posted

That may be why it seems to have been changed to "hahahaha" lately.
    • Posted

Did you mean LOL?  ....I have been drinking. Brain not "compos mentis". Sorry. The tablet obviously does not block the lack of function. Alcohol dulls the ...well, everything.  Don't understand my addiction. Sorry.
    • Posted

I'm getting a bit of an education here too, glad I found you folks!
    • Posted

Somebody else suggested handcream and cotton gloves before bed, said that didn't bother them at all.
    • Posted

Yes, I meant lol. It would help if the replies would go right under the post that one was replying to, but for some reason they seem to go to the bottom instead. I'll have to remember to paste in a quote so it's easier to keep track of.
    • Posted

Oh thanks, ADE free.  I am glad you are enjoying the educational information.  It may indeed be a new learning curve.   You are strong enough for all this nonsense !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.