strange vision symptoms just be told im b12 deficient.

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hey, im new to this.. knew somthing wasnt right for some time but gp put it down to anxiety before even doing bloods. My symptoms seem to be shaky . Like a wobbly feeling when i walk.. sore neck and shoulders would describe this as muscle tension.. habe this internal vibration thats really annoying.. also my vision is really playing up.. i see purple in my peripheral vision, white spots like when you stand up to quick.. also i get halos roumd lights rainbow ones .. with dry eyes.. omg so dry they can sting. Can anyone relate to these symptoms (EYES ESPECIALLY) and did your symptoms go away with treatment? My b12 is at 133 but gp said its not that low... your thoughts? Also i will reply as soon as i remember ive wrote this because my memory has been shocking aswell!! So have my headaches and skipped heart beats. Thanks...

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey sarah how you feeling now

..i think 2 years enough for cure.. Sorry for my bad english... I feel all the symptm who describe you above..

• Posted

I have just had my 4th B12 injection- already feeling less exhausted but will my eyesight settle down? My memory seems improved- my daughter a nurse agrees with that.Its good to know I am not going crazy with all these strange symptoms.    My deficiency caused by removal of 5ft. Of small bowel 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

Would love to hear how you’re doing now, especially did your vision problems resolve.  I also have been feel off for many years and in the past 9 months, all the neurological issues started.  Same ones you describe.  It took that look and finally I gave up on getting a diagnosis and ended up taking my health in my own hands and started seeing a naturopath.  I have all of the same symptoms as you and just started b12 shots last week.  

Hope you’re doing well,

Chitra 

• Posted

Hello,

Hope you are doing well Chitra.

How can a Naturopath help for b12 deficiency. Are you in US or somewhere else. Could you please share some info on the doctor if in US.I am going through some strange symptoms and my doctor do not care.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hi DeviPrasad,

I live in Canada and Naturopaths here give B12 shots.  So if you’re not happy with the frequency the doctor perscribes, you can just go to a naturopath to get shots in between.

Hope that helps.

• Posted

Sarah,

your 133 count is low. Were you tested for Pernicious Anemia and Intrinsic Factor?  If you haven’t, I would insist on it.

Research Pernicious Anemia and Intrinsic Factor Antibody.  There is a Pernicious Anemia Support Group on Facebook that has valuable information on how to manage you physician and your medical care. 

• Posted

Hi sarah,

My experince seems a lot similar to yours, I feel like I am going crazy!

My doctors refuses to do anymore for me even though my b12 level was low, so please let me know if you manage to get through to them! I was also told I had anxiety and also pseudo dimentia. And my husband also thinks im a hypochondriac

• Posted

hi Sarah, I've just saw your post and I have the EXACT same symptoms. The ones that worry me the most are the visual ones. Have you been taking b12? Have all your symptoms gotten better with treatment? Have some of them completely go away? Do you have pernicious anaemia ? I really hope you read this and I you can please get back to me. Thanks so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.