Stress anxiety and flu like symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been under a lot of stress and have been going through bad anxiety for over 2 months. I am noticing I just don't feel good. Actually I feel like I got hit by a bus. I'm achy all over and have chills and just feel like I have the flu. Does anyone else have flu like symptom's with stress and anxiety?

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ,soanxious,

Im going thru this right now. Ive been dealing with anxiety for the last 10 years. Started with sevier panic attacks, so my doctor but me on a heavy dose of SSRI's which did wonders for me.

Over the last ten years ive gone from 200mg/day to 25mg/day. It was only two months ago i was talking to my doctor about getting off the meds altogether cause i felt great.

However, i had a couple really stressful weeks at work and BOOM, i woke up feeling like i had the flu. Cold sweats, night sweats, NO appetite, anxious all day, dierreah, sore muscles, tired all the time regardless of how much sleep i get. Im writing this on day 4, and im only seeing slight improvements so im going back to the doctor.

Basically, stress is a bitch. And its clear it can take a real toll on our bodies. This isn't a common issue for me (more so i deal with smaller bits of anxiety which i can usually quell with exercise), but still makes me wonder if i need to evaluate how i handle stress.

Your not alone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.