Stress anxiety and flu like symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been under a lot of stress and have been going through bad anxiety for over 2 months. I am noticing I just don't feel good. Actually I feel like I got hit by a bus. I'm achy all over and have chills and just feel like I have the flu. Does anyone else have flu like symptom's with stress and anxiety?

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Tracy. 

Do you normally have anxiety

I deal with stress n afterwards will come down like this. My glands come up in my throat, feel awful n ache. I have a bad back anyway bit I think it gets worse. After a good sleep I feel better in a couple of days. 

However, our body/ brain find different ways of making us slow down. 

Do you: sleep ok, eat healthy n exercise? If you do then it's worth a blood test. Very low vit d can cause these symptoms. 

If not  try!

there are so many little viruses around its so easy to pick something up. Extra care can't hurt. 

Hope your feel better soon xxx

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I do have anxiety alot but the last 2 months I have spiraled into what I think is a breakdown. This episode has been the worst i have experienced yet. I haven't been exercising, I wake up through the night and I don't have much of an appetite. I have lost 15 lbs. I have had blood tests and they were all normal. I've been to the dr so many times bc I have severe health anxiety about every ache pain or sensation it sets me into a panic. I started having panic attacks which I have never had before with this episode and everything went down hill from there. Now I have this pain on the right side of my back beneath where my ribs are the dr said it's a strained muscle but I still worry. It throbs sometimes and a pain in my sidea as well. I don't know if it's from not eating much, from coughing or maybe from vomitting bc I do that when my anxiety is really bad. I just want to feel normal I can't do anything .sad

• Posted

Do you know what causes your anxiety? Have you had therapy ?

if you've had the blood test then you know your fine. 

The back pain could easily be from coughing or muscle strain, a good way of finding out is if it goes after a soak in a hot bath. 

It's not surprising you feel ill even through your lack of sleep! 

Id still take extra suppplements, it will help you take some of your worries away, especially vit d, I need that or I feel lousy and already have weak bones. 

You could do with a good sleep to wake to a new beginning of a positive start at trying something else xx

• Posted

i posted own   topic but instead of replies have to go to all of yours ,lol which is fine   doesnt bother me, meeting great ones here   anybody want to clean 2 big dr offices  tonight and sunday night  will let u ha or  help me   be done before 1am
  • Posted

Could you ask who you work for if they could get you some natural cleaning products..the products you use are probabky making you feel lousey causing the anxiety.
    • Posted

feel for you i  am sub contracted out  or wouldnt   you never sid if u have tis tightening in your neck area  kind of follows your middle bone down and is  kind of i middle area  gives u dry mouth
    • Posted

I am so sorry about what your going through..i have alot of anxiety,so does my son . If ididnt have meds dont know how id be.
    • Posted

am  a worrier with  not muchsleep makes it worse,, have xanax cant take  until clinics are cleaned
    • Posted

tightness is main   problem   worrying makes it worse
    • Posted

I started sertraline almost 4 weeks ago and I still have really bad anxiety especially in the morning and some throughout the day. He physical symtpoms are what is making it so much worse for me snd sending me into a panic everyday. Every sensation twitch tingle muscle tightness I can't cope. I convince myself it's a serious neurological disease andni can't get past it.
    • Posted

Gosh,I bet you are fine and just scareing yourself into it..maybe a change in medication would help or maybe you need a doctor more experianced in treating anxiety.
    • Posted

same with me too drinked some pop when took my gandson   was cold  n sensation made me panicky  have dry mouth too plus am smoking too much
  • Posted

Hi, just a thought -

Have you eliminated the possibility of, or had a look at Myalgic Encephelomylitis?

I ask because I have it, and it really was so debilitating, bewildering, and frustrating before I got a diagnosis.

Then I studied it... Sometimes knowledge is Power!

Be Well, V.

• Posted

I have been to the dr so many times to many different doctors and the hospital a bunch. Every dr tells me it's all anxiety and tension and bc of my health anxiety every symptom ache sensation sends me into a panic.......what is myalgic encephelomylitis?
    • Posted

I just looked it up I guess it's also called chronic fatigue syndrome? I have had anxiety /depression since I was 18 and I am now 33. I always get the flu like symptoms, fatigue feeling run down like I can't do anything with it. And my anxiety gets worse with every sensation twitch ache pain feeling.
    • Posted

My health anxiety is so bad I am even scared of tests bc I'm convinced something serious is wrong and I can't handle it
    • Posted

same here    was feeling great until got home, made    apple cider and   honey dash of cayenne pepper than  after drinking it  made my veins staqrt to  hurt so mad so now feel panicky again   made for my lung infection  suppose to help
    • Posted

Oh i know everytime the phone rings after tests,i go into panic mode.just had a physical and had to wait for tests actually made myself sick..all was good,all tests were great,i worried for nothing.was such a relief.I am like this everytime i have to go to the doctor or have tests.
    • Posted

I'm the same way. I just hand an ultrasound on my stomach on Friday and I'm worried about that. I'm worried everytime I get blood tests. Everytime I get back pain its lung cancer, headache is brain tumor, all these weird sensations twitches tingling pins and needles is a serious neurological d8sease. It's so exhausting and completely taking over my life. I don't want to live like this anymore sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.