Stress magnifies whatever we are feeling

Posted , 14 users are following.

My dr told me the other day that "80 percent of stress is in my head". I thought about what he said when i hung up the phone and hes right. I realized that as long as my thoughts are on how I'm physically feeling, that magnifies my symptoms. Im sharing this to say i started thinking and focusing on other things... things that make me smile or laugh and i noticed after a few days i felt much better physically and mentally. Its a day to day work. I used to feel so blue about this phase in my life being only 42 but then i realized it could be so much worse. Everyone has a different story, but I believe better days await us ALL. It wont "rain" all the time. I pray we all stay encouraged. Live, laugh, and love... we are all beautiful inside & out.

Be Encouraged,

Happy holidays

~jess ❤

7 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

totally agree I've been learning to focus on the positive and encourage myself daily

• Posted

THIS MESSAGE SHOULD BE OUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION. BETTER DAYS ARE TO COME. GOD IS MERCIFUL AND WILL ANSWER OUR PRAYERS FOR HEALING TO BE ABLE TO BE HEALTHY FOR OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE.

• Posted

I am totally with you, it does get better-believe me. I am 55 years and through it. It is good feeling comfortable in my own skin again and embracing the next stage of my life. Keep smiling and staying positive. Xx

• Posted

I try to think if 3 Positive things st the end of each day.

How many years were you going through symptoms, I am 4:years post menopause ans still in the thick of symptoms.

• Posted

i am 3 years post. and i cant believe this.....hearing how stress does make it worse i totally agree and i noticed when im focused on how bad i feel more symptoms pop up even worse. i keep saying how can a person feel this bad everyday??? im going to really try to make the best of the times i do feel a little better....

• Posted

Hi Claire

I am sure every woman is different. Perimenopause was very difficult for me, and from the age of 46 to 51, I went through a catalogue of symptoms, the worst of which were mood swings, periods arriving at all times, sometimes early, sometimes late. I had heavy bleeding and became anaemic and some days felt I could just put my head down at work. Not helped by the fact that I had started a new job at 49, and a couple of difficult staff to manage. I went to doctor to sort out the anaemia. I also had to start high blood pressure meds as my pressure was often raised probably due to the stress at work. However, during this time I started meditation, 5 mins daily. I also would walk away from toxic people at work and socially. These type of people just drain your energy. I incorporated and still do have me time. Usually in the evening starting with a warm bath, wind down, rub essential oils on the base of my feet, lavender with almond oil is relaxing. Then reading something light, and enjoyable before dropping to sleep - off like a light! Walking, cutting out coffee, finding a hobby, thinking positively and focusing on now is important. You cannot change the past and the future hasn't happened, so think of now and ward off anxiety. Share you're time wisely, and on what is important to you. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi chuckj

DOES IT REALLY GET BETTER?

I was si encouraged to read your reply

I had an ten year peri hell and im now two years post im 52

i have to say i was so hoping for relief by now but now i have severe joint pain and stiffness

My health anxiety is telling me i have fibromyalgia like my mum

Did you have severe symptoms post meno?

would love to hear from you im desperate right now x

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I am very sorry to hear of your suffering through peri and now post menopause. I do empathise, as peri was very difficult for me, too. I certainly feel better post menopause without HRT, but do note that this is not always the case with all women. However, I feel that sometimes menopause is blamed for all manner of ailments when actually some of the symptoms are hereditary, part of the aging process, dietary, lack of activity or related to our mental health.

I feel it is important to check out the individual ailments with your doctor and not just put it down to the menopause. Also look at diet, additional vitamins needed through menopause.

There is no doubt I do get tired, I sometimes need to be alone, I don't always enjoy the things I use to do, I have put on a bit of weight, but at the same time I am wiser, I am learning more about myself physically and mentally. I continue to work full-time which really focuses my mind, I take every opportunity to do training and learn new things. My work, I work in mental health, organised courses in self compassion and body confidence which I took advantage of.

There is sadly no one size fits all response I can give, but by developing your own plan by taking ideas from these forums and checking out health concerns with your doctor, you may be able to start living again. All the very best Michelle. I hope things improve for you. xx

• Posted

Thank you for sharing this and you're right. It is a mind over matter thing with these symptoms. I remember about two years ago, I took a part time job and once I started working and was busy, although I absolutely hated that job, it took my mind off my symptoms which I was obsessing over. I had actually begun to gain the weight back that I had lost at the beginning of all of this. Me and my family are about to relocate back to Kentucky from New York and I will have to find a job. This whole process will be stressful. My husband doesn't handle stress well at all and that stresses me more. So it will be a challenge but with God's help, we'll get through it all.

• Posted

You are right about the part-time job.. I too have one and it's OK. I dread going (several reasons) BUT once I'm there, I'm usually good. My spouse is very stressful and I believe I'm worse because of his stress. It's like my brain is clogged. Best of luck with the move and once your ready, look for a part-time job.. : )

• Posted

I actually think that by being married to someone like my husband is what has triggered my symptoms among other things. He's not the easiest person in the world to live with and then add on the stress of raising two school-age kids who have unfortunately inherited his bad traits, it's no wonder I'm stressed out.

• Posted

Sharcerv what do you think was causing your weight loss? I have the same issue. But having many food allergies. Did you gain all your weight back eventually?

• Posted

i can feel what ur going through. being with someone who has no clue what u are going through is stressful.things that u could have put up with before this hit im not able to deal with anymore petty arguements burn me out..i look at the person in a differnt way now especially when im battling daily just to get through and the person just wants to stay stuck in thier own selfishness..ill send extra prayers to u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.