Stress magnifies whatever we are feeling

Posted , 14 users are following.

My dr told me the other day that "80 percent of stress is in my head". I thought about what he said when i hung up the phone and hes right. I realized that as long as my thoughts are on how I'm physically feeling, that magnifies my symptoms. Im sharing this to say i started thinking and focusing on other things... things that make me smile or laugh and i noticed after a few days i felt much better physically and mentally. Its a day to day work. I used to feel so blue about this phase in my life being only 42 but then i realized it could be so much worse. Everyone has a different story, but I believe better days await us ALL. It wont "rain" all the time. I pray we all stay encouraged. Live, laugh, and love... we are all beautiful inside & out.

Be Encouraged,

Happy holidays

~jess ❤

7 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Jess. This is a great post. Thank you for making it. I've been in peri about 4 years. I really try to stop all the negative thoughts. ((hugs))

• Posted

Amen sister!! Lol... you have hit the nail on the head.. thanks for that.. makes me wanna be more positive... xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.