stress related anxiety ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I notice that when im stressed at work I get pains all over my body but not all at th same time

Neck pain 

Really bad headaches 

Tingling in arms 

Lips numb

Pains in my back 

Chockey feeling ( also numb jaw and neck under jaw)

Extremely dizzy 

For the first time today I lost hearing in my right ear then it was ringing then my hearing come back. 

Its really driving me insane 

Anyway I find that when im at home laying on my bed after work and trying to relax everything goes away and I feel a lot better 

What im getting at is there anything you can take to help relax yourself in stressful situations ??? 

Been the hospital twice had ecgs both times and all healthy 

Bloods was fine 

Been to the doctors 3 times 

First time I got "you have anxiety, heres a pamflet on how to deal with it" 

Second timr " heres some propranolol to help with chest pains or ( palpitations) 

Thirs time " heres another pamflet and a relaxation cd for you" 

Im getting to the end of my tether with my doctors or GP 

I haven't seen any therapists and I really need help 

Supposed to be seeing my mam tonight and just nearly had a mental breakdown on the phone to her telling her im sorry in not well enougg to come out 

Really need some help sad

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I know all these things very well. The choking feeling especially is very distressing? Do you get the lump in the throat too? For me I seem to be anxious and stressed even when I'm not actually anxious or stressed. Therapy is a good idea I think, it can work better than meds
    • Posted

Yeh people ask me " why are you anxious josh whats worrying you " and im like I dont know I just dont know I wish I could tell them 

Thats why I doubt myself when I say its just anxiety because I just get pains all the time its not like they just happen when I worry although they do get worse wheb I worry 

• Posted

Sadly symptoms do persist it seems even when were not anxious, and the strain our bodies are under -it's no surprise we feel pain
    • Posted

Im finding it extremely hard to cope with 

I feel great at weekends im nicely relaxed but asoon as im back at work it starts all over again 

I love my job as well I don't want to stop my job I just want to get better neutral

• Posted

I know how it is, it takes so much out of us. I would defo suggest therapy for some long term resolutions. Unfortunately medication cannot resolve anything
    • Posted

Thank you for your input 

Im going to go to my docs and ask if they can get me any therapy

• Posted

They should of asked you man I have to wait 5 week but I'm on 3rd now bit of a wait tho well for me it is 
    • Posted

My GP in a whole is useless 

Can't get an appointment booked a week in advance you have to book it a day before but I havnt got time to beat all the grannies that ring in as soon as the clock strikes 8 then all appointments are took in 20 mins 

I asked for a phone appointment the doc rang it rang twice as in " ring.....ring" I jumped up to get it and it stopped and they left a voice mail telling me I wasnt in lol 

They are hopeless but the other docs is far away

• Posted

Not always the doctors fault Paul it is those Atila the Hun like women who man the front desk in the disguise of a receptionist I had great trouble with mine until I saw my doctor in the street one day and was able to talk to him from then on he told the receptionist if I rang it always would be for a good enough reason so if you find yourself in this situation talk with your doctor (when you have an appointment) about the front desk staff and any problems they pose, to be fair the GP most times are unaware of how meddlsome their staff can be.twisted
  • Posted

Hi Josh it is ok to feel all those things when having an anxiety or panic attack our body reacts entirely different to our friends and neighbours it is called the fight or light syndrome where your body is getting ready to fight the opressor or do a runner rather than face up to things.  I do how ever think your doctors could do more than hand out leaflets or treating the results (eg Propranol) (relaxation disc).  You yourself have already shown by laying on your bed when you get back in and being able to relax and unwind.  Doctors seem reluctant these days to do anything about mild mental health problems other than probably tell you to pull yourself together, but we live in an enlightened society in the 21st century and GP's can no longer ride rough shod over us stand up for what is yours by right if you have to go ahead and pester the doctor until you get a satisfactory result and by that I men one that is amicable to both parties.  In the meantime live long and prosper.
    • Posted

Thank you so much peter 

Im taking the day off tomorrow and going to see my GP I need to get therapy and get well 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.