Struggling

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I currently been taking mirtazapine for about 5 weeks now I went up to 30 about a week ago . Since doing so my symptoms seems to have got worse . I'm so anxious about trying to get better and am finding it almost impossible to get out of bed in the mornings .. And really worried about Xmas I want to be able to relax and have fun but when I feel like this all I wanna do is hide away. I am ment to b trying to return to work in the Neymar but I'm just so scared of being around people all the time .. I feel like I need more help but the doc just keeps telling me to take it easy which is fine but it's not helping me get better .. Feel like I'm getting desperate now. I never feel connected to anyone or anything just find myself feeling really spaced out all time and quiet . Feel like Im on the verge of tears all the time but don't seem to be able too don't know if it's the tablets or what .. The weeks are passing and I'm still in the same boat not getting better .....

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I mean returning to work in the new year ..
  • Posted

Can you ask your doctor about a therapy. Mindfulness or cognitive therapies are very good. If you felt ok on the lower dose I don't know why they tell people to increase it...

Don't worry about Christmas, therapies do teach how to train your mind not to worry about things on which we have no influence. I hope you'll feel better soon! 

• Posted

I am currently having cbt but coz of Xmas there is 3 weeks till my next session all he has taught me so far is breathing exercises that do help a little but don't do much for the constant thoughts and the fear of trying to get back to some kind of normality .. Thank u for your reply 
  • Posted

Can you call CITA and ask them what they think? Also call the doctor. 30 maybe to high a dose for you. Ask you doctor is you can try 15 again. I wish you much luck and a merry Christmas ....
    • Posted

what is cita ? The doc just doesn't really know what more she can do but support me sign me off and give me medication . The 15 was ok but a little more sedative then 30 .. Guess Xmas is just hard time thank u for your reply merry Xmas to u too .
    • Posted

Hi domdomz, Rose is right try Cita. Just google CITA and you will get it up.   I spoke to them yesterday by email, or I think you can ring them tomorrow.    But just google them and you can read it for yourself. Take care. If you don't manage to get them let me know and I'll see what I can do.
  • Posted

Hi Domdomz - crikey I thought I was reading my own words! I was on mirt 15 for 2 wks after 4 months unsuccessful on Citalopram. Dr increased to 30 &I have been on that dose almost 3 wks now. Like you..the mornings are the hardest and I just want to hide under the duvet but fight it every single day (3 teenage kids ..I have to). Some days are better than others. ..not so much panic now but low mood - feeling disjointed and lost. I am going to stick with it as my sleep has improved after horrendous insomnia. I really want to look for a job in the new year as being a housewife is not helping!!! like you I am petrified about not enjoying xmas. I've had difficulty shopping for months now.  Its all been done in dribs and drabs. Some days I cant function well enough to cook! Please no on xmas day!  Stay strong. ..try to stay positive....we WILL get better (I have before) & WILL enjoy life because we deserve it. 

Xxxxx

• Posted

Hi sue thank u for your message it's nice to know there is someone else going through the same thing . They say the 30 is like the maintence does so hoping it will start making things better I was feeling a little relief on the 15 but since going up seems to have made it all come back I don't know if it's coz I've messed with the dose or just that I was on the honeymoon period with them. 

Wwork is terrfing when u have been off so long I'm just so scared of going back to the routine of it at mo it takes me a good couple hours to get with it it's horrible. 

I think also coz I have no reason to get up its harder to push myself ..

i can't wait to feel better ! 

Xxxx

• Posted

The lowest theraputic dose is 15mg but I'm on 7.5mg and doing ok. Only once I tried to go higher and I thought I was having a heart attack. I'm not a doctor but it might be worth asking your doctor if it's ok to lower the dose? I know quite a few people on low doses that doing fine. 

Good luck to you!

• Posted

domdomz, have you tried CITA they will give you the best advice,especially if you can't get to see your GP.  Today is Christmas eve and you know what it's like over holidays you can never get to see anyone.        Have a nice Christmas and a Healthy NewYear.
    • Posted

Hi Norma I did have a look but couldn't find anything on mirtazapine I think it had every drug but that . I am booked in for a telephone appointment on the 5 th jam so I think I will keep going till then if things haven't improved then I will talk to her about going down to the 15 . Thank u hope u have a good Xmas too and a happy new year xx
    • Posted

Did you send them an email explaining your situation?  I can't understand why you didn't see anything on Mirtazapine.  But I was just thinking if you email them you may have got some help before the holidays.                         Anyway domdomz you take care of yourself,and a happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year.
    • Posted

Thank u Norma I will email them this evening .. Happy Christmas to u
    • Posted

Hi - hope you got through Christmas Day ok. I was nervous in the morning and kind of 'numb' but got through it. Cooked for 7 of us. Drank too much wine so really flat today and scared of life again. Had lots to get up and do but couldn't face the day - got up eventually and so panicky jumping from one thing to another and I've gone and dropped my xmas plates. All smashed sad
    • Posted

Hi sue I was too bad Xmas day but Boxing Day was hard and the last 2 days have been awful I've been an emotional wreck . Made my self look like a right silly ta ta today even tho I wasn't feeling up to it I made myself go to my partners house to spend the day with his family and when I got there I totally freaked out ended up in tears and having a panic attack and having to come home .. How I drove home I'll never know and have been crying ever since. Just think I've isolated myself so much lately I have forgotten how to live .. It's horrible... Really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel and everyone is feeling the strain of it coz no matter what they say to me I'm still a mess ..

really sorry to hear u have smashed your plates. Hopefully we will feel better soon I'm not sure how much more I can take xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.