Struggling

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I currently been taking mirtazapine for about 5 weeks now I went up to 30 about a week ago . Since doing so my symptoms seems to have got worse . I'm so anxious about trying to get better and am finding it almost impossible to get out of bed in the mornings .. And really worried about Xmas I want to be able to relax and have fun but when I feel like this all I wanna do is hide away. I am ment to b trying to return to work in the Neymar but I'm just so scared of being around people all the time .. I feel like I need more help but the doc just keeps telling me to take it easy which is fine but it's not helping me get better .. Feel like I'm getting desperate now. I never feel connected to anyone or anything just find myself feeling really spaced out all time and quiet . Feel like Im on the verge of tears all the time but don't seem to be able too don't know if it's the tablets or what .. The weeks are passing and I'm still in the same boat not getting better .....

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

i've been taking 45 mg Mirtazapine for several months.  The best I can say for it is that it helps me to sleep at night - it's one of the sedative antidepressants, unlike fluxoxetine which "peps"s you up - I found this made me agitated and so the med was changed.  I have another problem in that I suffer from anxiety and have constantalpitations and panic attacks during the day.  The GP says to keep busy and walk - I also have constant nausea and although eat mainly bananas and yoghurt, the GP says this is OK!   I only reLly function at night.  The mornings and eRly afternoons are a nightmare - all I want to do is to stick my head under the duvet and feel like 8'm in a black hole and don't want to talk to anyone.  I've also put on 2 stones in weight in 4 months and can't see any improvement in my mood.

• Posted

Sounds like this isn't the right med for you. That or the dose is to high. I hope you find something that improves your mood...quick! Hard around the holidays to begin with...good luck with this...
    • Posted

I'm starting to think that 2 but it's the third 1 they have tried I'm starting to think none of them will work am thinking of coming off them all and just having the cbt I'm a emotional wreck At mo it's awful xx
    • Posted

Hi - it's awful isn't it just wishing there was a magic pill to make it all better. Mirt definitely makes me sleep longer stretches but mood has not improved.  I'm beginning to feel almost bi polar:: a nervous scared of life nothing worthless person in the morning to a fully in control 'normal' person by 9pm! I think I'm heading for divorce. ..not only my husband wanting to leave me but my 3 adorable kids too sad. I spoil everything with my anxieties ..'negative nelly' my daughter called me today sad   and the dreaded New Year to think about sad
    • Posted

Domdomz I'm sorry I didn't see your comment.  You should be proud you even went to your partners family gathering.  Well done you! I went shopping (badly) with my fam today I felt I was walking on sponge and fighting tears all day. Have come home and now drinking wine (tut tut I know I'll regret tomorrow). I've even asked my hubby to put me in a home before now. Sometimes I think wtf has just come out of my mouth!!! Really i think I've lost the plot. Do you get 'tingles' in your hands and arms may I ask? I so wish we could swap numbers or names to find on facebook for private conversations. Please have a good day tomorrow.  (I'm gearing up to go food shopping. ..One of my fears.... sad  )
    • Posted

I feel exactly the same but with constant panic attacks and palpitations during the day.  I'm on 2x40 mg propanol to slow down my heart rate but my mood isn't changing and I see no end to it all
    • Posted

Do you have children Nessie91? Every day is a struggle. I cant get out of bed I lie there in fear of the day ahead. When I do get up I do everything in a panicky fashion and I am so negative. I dont work so I'm dreading being alone when everyone returns to their routine and I am alone.i know I should exercise etc but just dont push myself. 
    • Posted

Hi sue I know I should b proud just wish this would do 1 . I have just rang got in contact with my local mental health team to ask for help so am hoping they will help me sort myself out. I tried ringing and couldn't get through so was asked to email which I have done not sure what will happen guess I just have to sit tight till they get no contact. Had a really bad attack this morning intrusive thoughts r getting pretty hard . 

Yea would b nice if we could I have just join a Facebook group called Making Friends With Anixiety that is really helpful ( sorry if this is not allowed) 

hope u manage to get your shopping done good luck... 

• Posted

Hope you get some help. Its hard knowing where to turn isnt it. I say awful things to my hubby. sad
    • Posted

You can have a private conversation on here, because I have. Try going into the person profile that you want to speak to and see where you go from there.  Good Luck
    • Posted

I have a appointment with the mental health team tomorrow at 11 not looking forward to it going to b hard telling them how I feel but hopefully it will get me the help I need . Yes we can do private messages through here xx
    • Posted

Oh that's good they got you in quick. Good luck and tell them everything xxx
    • Posted

I know I was pretty shocked thought I'd have to wait a while but was really quick . I will xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.