Struggling on dose change.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi lovely citalopram people

Just wanting a wee bit of assurance that I'm on the right track. I started taking citalopram 20mgs 14 weeks ago and certainly noticed a lessening of the constant mind chatter but was still having increased anxiety at that time of the month. After 8 weeks my Dr advised me to go up to 40mg to see how that worked. I'm not the bravest person, so did 4 weeks on 30mg and noticed great improvements initially..increased energy, more enthusiasm, but still having wobbles. Have been on 40mg for 5 days and am finding it really hard!. Increased morning anxiety, that feeling of not being bothered. I'm sure it's just a combo of med increase nd maybe a bit of a blip, but I just get anxious thinking maybe I've gone too high.

Have ativan for emergency use, which have been handy!

Thanks in advance for any wise words.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Morning,

Hope yer feeling a little better this beautiful (stormy and wet) Monday morn. It's only weather!

Since I fell ill and started to emerge from most of the side effcts and fuzziness I have become cute to stress and other problems (usually interelated) people everywhere (not just in UK) are suffering from. And how many there are! Due to the current global system people are just part of the machinery - they even have the arrogance to use the phrase "Human Resource" when talking about people. Sorry, but I do not view people as a "resource!"

Like I said, since falling ill I am more aware of related illnesses. Whether it be someone in the private or public sectors or NHS. From people having to live their job 24/7, welfare workers and a close friend who works in the A&E dept of the  local general hospital. Either I have heard that is directly related to bullyibg or linked to it. It is no wonder our children are suffering because it is indemic throught the UK. It does have to stop now!

I came here through work related stress due to inept management and weak chair of trustees being expected to produce with no or little support and constant undermining. I am free of all that now and I am dooing better, which is more than I can say for them.

When it comes to what you post, never, ever worry. I posted some weird stuff when I was riding the main roller coaster and people just were there for me as they will for you. I have saved all my health correspondence as a guide book not because I don't want to bother people when they may have already told me - I just don't wanna appear tick! Male vanity!

Never feel whimpy, sometimes you don't have any alternative. Some mornings I just stayed curled up under the duvet and couldn't do anything, or got up made it down stairs and curled up under a standby one in the lving room. Then the next moment feeling up and ready to get up and go.

You just have to take one day, half day, hour etc., at a time, just let it take as long as it takes and trying to keep the mind from racing is something worth trying. Maybe some Zen meditation MAN! (Other meditation pratices are availabe!).

Finally, how can you get anything wrong when you don't know what you are doing or how to do it? Nobody looks at it as getting it wrong, just that you could do with some advice. Trust me, I don't know what I'm talking about - just sounds good! LOL!

Best Regards,

David

• Posted

Oops! LOL! I have not become "cute" to stress - I don't fancy it AT ALL! I meant to say acute to stress, as in spoting and understanding.

Oh Dear! I blame the meds!

• Posted

I blame auto correct!. It's a balmy spring evening over here in N.Z, just gone dark. My day has been a wee bit of a struggle...but I still got out and about and a good hour of waving power tools around in the shed does wonders for a girls soul!

I think I just need to get on accepting that I have this anxiety problem,stop trying to beat it in to submission and ease up on myself a bit!. And accept that it is ok to take medication and I'm not a failure because I have too.

Anywho, enjoy your rainy Monday! Get out and jump in the puddles.

Thanks for your wise And witty words..it's really nice talking to someone who understands exactly what you're going through .

Louise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.