Struggling so much with labrinthytis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with labrinthytis about 4 weeks ago but had symptoms a few weeks before that. I'm a mum of 3 young children and everything is really starting to get on top of me. I can't focus on anything, objects always feel as though they are a moving. The dizziness seems so much worse this last week. I feel like it's never going to get better. I've been trying to continue with things as normal as much as possible but it's getting increasingly harder. I feel spacey most of the time and lately just keep crying. I don't know anyone else that has had it. Any advice or anything to keep my spirits up would be great.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would try to get doc to send you to PT. They can get you moving in the right direction. Doing them wrong or to much will make you worse. I been there. They can also try epely maneuver if it hasn't been tryed yet. I started off with 4 eye excercises , 60 seconds on each, 3 times a day. Was to much. Made me sick twice. Called PT to tell My therapist. She called me back 10 minutes later between patients. Cut my time in half. Said we have to go slower with me. You get anxious wanting them to help you so you push it to far, it will push back, HARD. Twice it made me sick to my stomach. Way dizzier than I already was for 6 hours. I been dealing with this 10 years. Been to PT alot of times. They will help but it's a slow process. Gotta take your time. Do them right. Start off slow. Gradually increase times then speed.

• Posted

Btw the anxiety it all causes is normal. We all get that to. But it will make your symptoms worse. Try to calm down. I know it isn't easy to do. Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Hey karina, do you have any sensitivity to any light?
    • Posted

Hey. I did at the beginning, that's really where my problems started. I thought there was a problem with my glasses but then all the other symptoms kicked in.

• Posted

Hang in there I know it's hard I have been dealing with that for 35 years I get so dizzy I cry my eyes out and kinda weird pee a lot I'm only 36 years old all I do is go hide breath and focus..don't eat a lot of salt and drink a lot of water slowly tho!!! My hardest thing is driving and working no Doctor has helped me any just take it easy don't stress that will trigger it o know I have a two kids

• Posted

Oh my this is a hard illness! and i am only 12 days in! I am fortunate that I took early retirement last summer so i dont have to worry about going to work. I cancelled everything including gym subs for 3months as that would have been a waste of money not going, can u imagine all that noise and fast pace in a class....!   I have never been on a forum before but when you are struggling with this its so so helpful to read others experiences. I have learnt a few things-will try no caffiene, and the vrt excersises. Otherwise I am doing jobs around the house havent braved the 'outside world yet' but back to GP tomoro as its my sleep thats so awful-anyone else have this I see 1,2 ,3 4am and often give in by 5am & get up so fed up/bored of lying still not to wake my husband! Then am tired and have to rest up in the day, maybe the GP will suggest tabs-as not prescribed anything after those first few days of being so sick. On here lots of you seem to be on meds but I thought if I can cope without it may be best. Any thoughts? (not that the oncall doc sugggested any longer term)

So missing the grandchildren but at 4 months the crying is hard to cope with feeling like this. Hoping soon this will be possible for them yo come over more as the 3yr old is missing our times together bless him! I realy feel for you Kanina coping with your 3.  I really cant imagine driving again but I know its very early days from what I have read on here!!

• Posted

The problem with some meds is the ones that will help with vertigo/ dizziness also supress vestibular response. So if you take the meds, they stop the VRT exercises from working. I am sound sensitive as well. A waiting room full of kids at the docs offices killed me a couple times. Try to go early appoinents to avoid that situation. Sometimes I get lucky.
    • Posted

I am going to PTnow. Therapist told me. Bad part is riding in the car to get to PT. I get so dizzy it makes going into PT hard.
    • Posted

Oh I do hope its worth it then!. I havent been in a car since this all began I just have memories of being so sick in it so not looking forward to mey ride tomoro. In fact I havent been out at all yet. This is all so weird, I cant imagine how people who lead busy family lives cope.
    • Posted

Oh I do hope its worth it then!. I havent been in a car since this all began I just have memories of being so sick in it so not looking forward to mey ride tomoro. In fact I havent been out at all yet. This is all so weird, I cant imagine how people who lead busy family lives cope.
    • Posted

Been dealing with it off and on for 10 years. This bout started 9 weeks ago and is bad. Won't let up. Haven't done a thing since. Cant work. They are getting mad. CNt drive. Cant go anyplace. Got a ton of stuff to go to get ready for winter. Cant. Only time I go out is to doc appointments. Or therapy. And for some reason it's not helping. ENT suspects menieres disease now.

• Posted

Don't look around while riding in the car. Don't watch stuff go by out the side window. Watch the line on the road. Or car in front taillights. Something that doesn't move as much. Tell driver no quick stops. That kills me. No fast acceleration either. Try hard to relax. Anxiety will make it worse as well.

• Posted

Good Morning

Went to see my ENT on Monday . Suspects I now have Menieres. Gave me another antiviral medication, do not feel any improvement even though it's only been two days. I am getting so frustrated being here at home. I want to be able to drive again. I can ride in a car no problem .

I just want this to stop.

• Posted

What he told me after he said he didn't think it was. Tests said it may be. Neurologists app in 3 weeks. Not sure what he will do. Probably nothing.

• Posted

He thinks it might be because of the severe ringing in my right ear and how my whole body gets really hot like I am going to pass out then all the other bad spinning, nausea and dizziness and my ears start to really hurt.

He put me on Famciclovir 500 mg 3 times a day. All this medication they have been trying my medicine cabinet looks like a phyramacy. 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.