Struggling this morning....want to feel normal again

Posted , 9 users are following.

Woke up this morning feeling lightheaded and dizzy before I even got out of bed....of course, that started me in on a crying jag and worry that I'll never feel normal again....anyone have any advice for dealing with the feelings of despair and hopelessness that these physical symptoms cause? I just feel exhausted (emotionally and physically) and there are days when I want to simply stay in bed and cry.....but I don't, because that almost always makes me feel worse. I'm so angry about all of this and find myself asking "why me?"....I have friends going through perimenopause who don't have any symptoms at all....and my doctor just looks at me as though I'm crazy because my symptoms aren't typical.....

Sorry for whining (again)....

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

feel free to whine. We all have these days.

• Posted

thanks.....it's almost reached the point where even i am tired of listening to myself! this forum has been such a comfort....at least i don't feel quite so alone in this.....
  • Posted

Hi wearykitty

hope your day is improving... i use to find these feelings were at their worst at certain times of month, like PMT ( no period) 

also i went through a tough time beginning of this year .... and I am almost 10 years in peri... B6 lifted me, dont know if you tried it ir can take it ..... your not alone, some sail through and some dont 😥... keep positive ... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks, Jay....I've just started taking B6 on Friday....too soon to know if it will work or not, but I'm doing my best to stay optimistic. Did you experience dizziness/off-balance feelings during your ten-year journey? If so, what advice can you offer for coping with it?
    • Posted

hi wearykitty

yes i did..  standing in one place ... felt like falling down,, i had three faints in early peri... paramedics the lot ... eat little and often, even if you dont feel like it, just something .... especially when you get up...  B6 worked for me after 7 to 10 days and I have iron too, not too much but it helped 

i can still feel wobbly sometimes, but alot better now

Jay xx

• Posted

Did you have any bad effects from the B6? I've just read that it can, in high doses, cause dizziness, among other serious side effects....of course, now I'm terrified that I've taken too much (along with everything else, I have developed anxiety and health anxiety coincident with the onset of perimenopause).....I took 50mg on Friday, 100mg yesterday, and 50mg this morning....does that sound like a lot?? Sorry for being a big baby....I've just got myself worked into a state.
  • Posted

Hello Wearykitty,I know exactly how you feel and have often felt the same. It was yesterday that I had a right good old go at my husband, it was a bad day and I felt exhausted and sore and depressed and angry. Then my neighbour called in and asked us in for aperitifs at 6 pm. I didn't want to be rude and forced myself to smile and say " Why yes we'd love to, if I haven't topped my husband by then!" 

Anyways we went and were the first to arrive. The other person arrived and it took him all of 15 mins to get out of his car and walk literally 10 metres to reach the house. He was in great pain, I was so shocked when I saw him. The last time we met was about 2 yrs ago we went on a 10 km charity walk and he was the leader! He is 55 yrs old like myself. He had a stroke last year and since then has had to have physio four times a week. Okay I know it's not the same issue or pain and  I know that there will be other bad days and I will cry and feel miserable, however I did  and do feel better off than Hubert and I ask myself if I were in his shoes how the hell would I cope? I suppose like Hubert you have to take the good with the bad and keep being positive and not be afraid of my Doctor's looks of " what is she going on about now," or feel stupid because for the third or fifth time I have forgotten something. Take each day as it comes and try to coax that body of mine out of the bed and look around me and thank my HP for all the good things and even if it's to annoy the hell out of someone, be happy I can do it. Meanwhile check out all the things you can take and do to make you feel better. Chin up Girlie xx

• Posted

Hi Wearykitty. I know just how you feel, I feel sick and dizzy most mornings Just like morning sickness when I was pregnant, I keep some ginger biscuits by the bed and eat 2 before I get up helps a bit, I could quite easily sit in a chair and do nothing all day luckily my dog won't let me she makes me take her out but it's a real effort. I carry emergency biscuits in my bag because need to eat every 2 hours. and dizzy when I bend over
  • Posted

Oops pressed sent before I had finish lol blonde moment lmao. I too have just started taking B6 on Friday so like you have my fingers crossed . How does your husband/partners cope with this I feel sorry for mine he never no's wether to come near me or not, if he touches me I am either to hot or feeling sick or to cold or headache then if he don't come near me I get upset because he's gone off me poor man lol I t does help reading on here because all my friends seem to have gone through this with out many problems and my doctors useless, just keep going xx
    • Posted

Lmao? I like you already smile I know poor husbands eh? But it won't last forever....I hope smile smile  I send mine golfing! smile  He understands.

My doctor too is a useless piece of crap smile.  I am feeling better now taking B6 and B12 and a multi vitamin.  It will be over soon dear and then we can celebrate old age!! yah can't wait! sad. Be strong and take care!  xxoo

• Posted

Thanks Dottie glad to hear B6 B12 work for you  I live in hope. I too sent my husband golf lmao. Been about 3 years now( husband says 4 ) lmao he's been counting, my doc says lasts about 5 years but a lot on here say 9 and 10 years which is a bit worrying. Do things ever get back to normal does your sex drive ever come back?  Would be good to celebrate old age lol Take care xx
    • Posted

Yah we can celebrate between the sheets but not now! lmao. Maybe that's why it's called men Ohhh pause a wee while.  Right now I am just planning on the big survival. lmao That's ok I think this started a few years back as there are like over 30 symptoms....heart palpitations...itchy skin...allergies all of a sudden....dry dry eyes...dry mouth...thirsty all the time...hungry all the time to snack...weight gain around the middle...yup I am sure I left out some...oh yes honey let's have sex...I feel like an old fat woman!!! haha. We will survive....nobody likes change dear  sad sad smile. P.S. I had to buy a treadmill
  • Posted

Hi dear the days will get better and won't last forever as we are going through a major body change.  Everybody is different but my story is so similar to yours!  I woke up one morning and dizzy as hell and was even throwing up each morning.  The hospital said I have vertigo, which is a brutal symptom of premenopause.  I have been suffering since March and felt like dying.  I have been on the couch since March! smile. I now take a multi vitamin and B6 and B12 that helps with dizziness.  I am finally feeling better since I started those B vitamins.  A girl at my eye drs office was told to take B vitamins and Dr. oz mentions them.  I am living proof of living through premenopause! smile. I finally feel like doing stuff around the house.  It took about a week for the vitamins to kick in....but there is hope dear!! <3. good luck! good="">
  • Posted

"It to shall pass". It will. Today's just a bad day and tomorrow will he better. Hang in there. Jane
  • Posted

We will be stronger women when this is over. They say everything happens for a reason. We will press on dear.  Could be worse! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.