Struggling this morning....want to feel normal again

Posted , 9 users are following.

Woke up this morning feeling lightheaded and dizzy before I even got out of bed....of course, that started me in on a crying jag and worry that I'll never feel normal again....anyone have any advice for dealing with the feelings of despair and hopelessness that these physical symptoms cause? I just feel exhausted (emotionally and physically) and there are days when I want to simply stay in bed and cry.....but I don't, because that almost always makes me feel worse. I'm so angry about all of this and find myself asking "why me?"....I have friends going through perimenopause who don't have any symptoms at all....and my doctor just looks at me as though I'm crazy because my symptoms aren't typical.....

Sorry for whining (again)....

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello wearykitty, i started off exactly like you with all you discribe and often ask myself WHY ME and me too have no friends who are going through this, my sister is 4 yrs older than me and her periods just stopped and she has had nothing not a twing so of course she has no understanding of what i'm going through and im sure she just thinks im being dramatic as does my GP he just doesnt want to know so i'm not going back there.  I can only say that reading all these posts made me realise that think is something we have to get through like millions of women and we are the unfortunate ones who have the horrendous dibilitating symptoms but it will get easier once you come to terms with it and make yoursself do things like i do, i set myself things to do which i dont want to but i'd become a hermit and had no life so had to pick myself up and go back to work, drive myself although i dont go far and do some of the things i used to in my previous life.  the best thing to do is have a good whine, we are here to listen and answer back and help if poss. You can do it, try having a walk out, i couldn't even get to the end of our very short lane but i have now got my bike out and go quite a bit further.  You'll get there, we have too. sending you a comforting sunday hug x
    • Posted

I just went out for a walk....only fifteen minutes or so, but I told myself it's better than nothing, especially since I wanted to just curl up in a ball and not move at all...the off-balance feeling is so terrifying. One of the most frustrating things is that the symptoms come and go....yesterday morning I managed a much longer walk and felt better for a bit.....then yesterday afternoon, all the symptoms were back with a vengeance....but later in the day I managed a one-hour drive by myself (which isn't always easy or possible for me) and even remarked to myself how much better I was feeling....and then this morning, right back in the soup....makes me want to scream! Anyone else have symptoms that come and go like that?

I do so appreciate everyone's kind words of support....my poor boyfriend has had to listen to this for eighteen months....he's absolutely wonderful, but can't truly understand how I feel (btw....I'm forty-five years old....I just realized that the word "boyfriend" makes me sound sixteen!)

• Posted

Ohhh yes up and down.  Have one good day and the next day back in the pits.  Now it's 3 days in a row for me of feeling better so yippy!!   That's a miracle and maybe the start of this ending!  Oh and yes keep walking!  Excercise is the best for premenopause and general health as we age so things don't get kinked up.  You do feel better after excercise.  Which reminds me I have to get on my treadmill....bye and have a good day dears!! smile
    • Posted

hi again wearykitty, glad you managed to walk, i'm just like you i can have a good morning then crap afternoon, no two days are the same and as with you its the off balance/dizzy feeling thats with me every single day but i try and manage it more than i used to. I'm not good with driving i feel i could pass out if a go too far.es my symptoms come and go. My husband is very understanding but they dont truly know what wer really going through do they? Yes i thought you were sixteen cheesygrin. I'm 51 and this all started for me i think 2yrs ago . I know keep saying to myself tomorrows another day, I'll be ok, I have to be i work full time. speak soon x
  • Posted

When I was perimenopausal I had very weird symptoms. I would give people electric shocks when they touched me at one point. Laughed at doctor when he said it was a symptom. I was only 35 at this point so struggled to get to grips with it. I have a mother in law who says she never really noticed menopause but my mother struggled a lot with hers. Everyones different. I would say your symptoms are typical, I was the same. Now Ive had the hysterectomy I get the same symptoms if I don't take hrt. Actually I get the symptoms on hrt they are just a bit less severe. A good understanding doctor is important but they are few and far between. Thankfully I have a gem. I wish I could help but I can only say feel free to moan to me anytime and you are not mad.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response, Tracy....it helps to know I'm not alone. Did/do you struggle with the dizziness/off-balance feelings? That's my most worrisome symptom at the moment....oddly enough, I haven't had any of the "typical" symptoms like hot flushes, etc which is why I think people dismiss my theory that this is all related to perimenopause.....but I honestly don't know what else it could be.....
    • Posted

Weary kitty same here!  Balance and dizziness and dry eyes are bad right now for me.  I don't get hot flashes or night sweats like my sister does.  My mom went through this with ease and so did my mother in law.  We are unique that's all!! smile smile. Excercise walking helps these symptoms.  You feel better after!  
    • Posted

The first symptom I got was dizziness but didn't know it was peri as I was only in my 30s. Now I've had my hysterectomy and on hrt that is the only symptom I still have. It varies from feeling a bit woozy to full blown falling over and room spinning. Last night I started the vit b everyone on here recommended. I have had hardly any sleep and got terrible palpitations but I think its just coincidence and will persevere.
    • Posted

Hi Tracy

oh dear sorry you feeling whoosy ...

well if your on HRT then you wont have same peri symptoms as your hormones that want to naturally reduce, by natural peri no HRT are being replaced by HRT.. but also you have had a hysterectomy so it will be very different from my peri, I had no hysterecromy and had a natural peri, so its hard to say.. maybe another lady who has had a hysterecromy will answer you.. and may be able to share their experience with you..

maybe ... your HRT needs checking at the doctors, maybe it needs adjusting, always best to check if not feeling too good..

B6 is also good for HRT as it assists absortion ... I wouldnt like to say in your case tracy... B6 should if possible be taken early morning when you get up, so the benefits are felt during the day time... 

hope you feel better soon hun.. Jay xx

• Posted

Thank you. My hrt is being assessed right now as I havent been on it long and trying to get the dosage right. Id been going through peri for 9 years when I had to have the hysterectomy so I sympathise wholeheartedly. I will try the b6 in the mornings.
    • Posted

Hi Tracy

had you, so 9 years of peri then a hysterectomy...  oh i do feel for you, i had 10 years more or less and no hysterectomy, that was bad enough... 

i do hope they sort your HRT out for you... .. hang in there... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Bouncyville

just apologising as i called you Tracy... why I called you Tracy I dont know..

must have a peri mushy peas brain today.. enjoy your day... 

😀😀😀😀

Jay xx

• Posted

Tracy is my name but I didn't like the user name they gave me so changed it. Bouncy is my hubbys nickname for me lol
    • Posted

hi Bouncyville

arrrrrrrr that explains it, I thought I had lost the plot ... 😃

Jay xx

• Posted

I am very sorry for yoy but this too will end smile Just eat well and follow your doctor advise in multivitamins.  Be positive, you will be fine in some time.

I am proposing a thesis - women who feel worse this time were the healthiest before.  Do you agree?  I was umblemished before this peri, had nothing at all...

Big hugs!

• Posted

Greetings Bella,  this suffering should be over soon cry

I felt 110% before this storm. Now I feel like an old woman.  The storm will eventually pass and we come out of it brand new and feel great.I heardrolleyes

Right now were in an ugly, dark, cocoon but soon to be a beautiful butterfly...now that sounds good.  Because it's a change of our life we have to change along with it, eat better, drink lotsa water, take our vitamins and excercise,   I know it's sad but we must help this change to come out victorious in the end sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.