Struggling to cope

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm sitting with 1500mg of sertraline and I'm struggling so hard not to just take them. My anxiety ruins everything. I feel so f'ing useless, pointless, worthless.. I just don't see the point anymore. I have no friends, and recently lost my boyfriend of over a year because my anxiety stopped me getting a job so he left because I don't make him happy. I can't deal with how I'm feeling just now. I'm really struggling.

4 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lauren, take a deep breath and try and think rational.  The feeling you have of despair at the moment will pass, just like everyone's on this forum.

I don't know your age, background etc, but do you not have any family or someone you can call for support.  The feeling of loneliness you have is terrible but you should write down some positive things to distract you, things you used to enjoy and can look forward to in the near future, who know what good things are out there waiting for you.

Remember lauren these are just feelings, you can control them no matter how strong they are, when you feel a bit stronger you could join a support group in your area or go to college, there is always hope and we all know how you feel at the moment.

If you don't have any support or you feel you can't talk to anyone you know call the samaritans or go to your nearest hospital, have a good cry.

Let us know if any of us can add anything else that will help, your stronger than you think.

Sending lots of hugs xx

• Posted

I know it will pass.. But I can't handle it. I really can't handle it. I can't even begin to explain the way I'm feeling.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone to talk to. Which makes things so much worse because everything is just bottling up inside and I can't do it. I can't go to an emergency room as they'll just send me home. But I need help. I just don't want to be here anymore.

• Posted

I'll talk to you lauren.  I'll stay on here all night long if you want me to.  I have my first psychiatrist appointment tomorrow so I am really doubting I will sleep any better than I have been. So I'm here for you and happy to listen to you. Just let me know if that is what you want to do.
    • Posted

I don't think the ER will send u home if u r in this much despair.   Believe me, I hv been in ur shoes.   Just go and they will help you.  That's what they are educated to do.   Trust me.   The sun will come up again tomorrow and it will be a new day.  U r young and hv ur while life ahead of u.   Don't let someone ruin ur life.   They r not worth it.  Ur life is worth fighting for.  I had a hard time passing job interviews because of anxiety.   My Dr. prescribed me some medication to get me thru the employment process.  And once I got the job my anxiety lessoned.  Pls, if u feel like harming urself, call 911.   
  • Posted

(((hugs))) Lauren you really are having a tough time right now. So of course you are upset. brendababy gave you some sound advice to start calming yourself down. I know it's hard, it's hard just to even think about trying to calm yourself down, but you can do it. Start with those deep breaths. I like to do my deep breathing with a little aroma therapy, now that will really get you heading in the right direction.  Lavender and Vanilla is really good for relaxing.  Orange peel or citricy smells will help unclutter your mind so you have room for some of those positive thoughts. You can just take some peel off an orange or a lemon and squeeze, pinch and bruise it real well and you'll get the oils onto your fingertips.  Give those a big whiff while you do some deep breathing.  I think it will put you in a much better state of mind. Then do it in front of a mirror, I bet you smile at yourself sitting there deep breething with your finger tips in your nostrils and knowing the frangrance is really nice, but you do look a little silly. biggrin
  • Posted

Youv'e got yourself in a terrible state lauren, try and slow your breathing, easier said than done, I know.  I was in a stae like you are tonight on Thursday, I felt I coulden't go on with the symptoms I was having, but it passed and here I am fighting for another day.

You do want to live lauren that's why your crying out for help, please get help, you will not be turned away from hospital, you have every right to go there, your ill.

Do you not have anyone at all you can call? call your ex boyfriend if you need to, surely he can talk to you and get you the help you need

Pace up and down if you need to, it'll get rid of some of the adrenalin and dread

C'mon lauren give it a go, you'll be ok x

• Posted

lauren, you have two friends here already Karebear and me & Karebear has offered to talk as long as you need.

I'll jump in if I don't fall asleep, meant to be up for work in the morning.  Remember these feelings you have they can't control you it's just high anxiety, adrenalin needs an outlet, that's whats causing the despair & panic.

Put a comedy on the tv or listen to the radio, walk around, you'll be ok

Keep in touch x

• Posted

Dear Lauren.

Welcome to a great place and space where there are genuine pople like those who have taken time out to express thier sincere concern and thoughts for you at this terrible moment of time.

Anxiety often leads us into Isolation and leaves us feeling so alone and worthless in ourselves.

Be assured you are in the right place and that what your expressing is something all of us have been through are going through and still going to go through.

you have made a wise choice to find your way directly into this forum.

I too found this forum by mistake while in very much a place of despair and self loathing.

This is the start of something new and something better for you now.

Have faith and trust what others share with you at this moment .

We all want the very best for you and want so see you come through this experience and begin to enter into a whole new posative phase in your personal search to find your true self and to have a truthful understanding of your complete worth.

With the advice thats been given I would ask you to simply follow some of the steps if not all of them , even if you feel you dont have the personal strength to belive in what is being said will help.

Trust the words and advice of these amazing individuals that do truly know where you are at right at this moment.

Dont ignore the head lies and the negative thoughts talk back to them if you have to and get angry with them and tell them to leave your mind and practice filling your mind and your head up with the little good things that are true which describe your worth and begin to adopt the posative by inviting any positive thought that can start the process off to turn things from dire to barebale and to a point that you can begin to have the faith and belief that begins the real restoration that peace and calmness can bring to our disturbed mind.

Its inch by inch that is a sich , try yard by yard and it will be so hard.

We are all here for you Lauren in mind and body,

You are not alone.

You have all of us in here that want to show you what we have come to know ourselves.

Stick with us in here and feel the breeze of changes happening as you start to turn the page you find yourself in right now

Peace and Love to you .

may you know rest and comfort from what you have found in this forum on this one occassion.

Know there is so much more available in the coming days.

PJ

• Posted

Dear Lauren,

I am right hear for you too🙌 as brendababy mentioned all the great advice. We all have ups and downs for sometimes it doesn't mean is permenant, just focus those negative feelings are not real and you can overcome eventually. Try to find your local area any support and in meantime we all here for you ( karebare, brendababy and me 😅.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for the messages. I've tried everything to calm down. Going outside for a walk, sitting in the dark watching a movie but my thoughts are getting worse. My world is crashing around me I really can't cope. I've been crying for so long. I really can't deal with this. I physically and mentally can not cope
    • Posted

Lauren perhaps you should call the hospital.  Either go by ambulance or have someone take you.  If you truly cannot cope right now and are having thoughts of hurting yourself please call them right now. But if you are willing to stick with us, if anything any of us has said has helped you relax just a little then please let us know. We can't physically be with you but we are here and we care very much.
  • Posted

A walk outside is a halthy choice .

I often find myself doing this.

lauren you are going to find real relief from what you are expereincing .

We are all with you in though and mind.

You will survive this.

PJ

• Posted

I am not receiving any notifications and the last couple of nights without sleep I noticed there were several hours without any, so I don't know if anything gets through.  Someone please let me know if you see this message.
    • Posted

I'm getting your messages. I called a line called samaritians. They spoke to me, but nothing major. I just... I can't cope. I'm so confused and hurt.
    • Posted

Sweetie I know you are.  It is a horrible feeling when someone like your partner will leave when you need them the most. Honestly in some cases it is better. You know where you stand with them and now concentrate on making yourself happy and healthy.  You can't do that when you have someone around that you are putting so much energy into trying to keep them happy and someone like that is selfish enough to suck all the life out of you before they move on.
    • Posted

If you have to go through this alone (other than your good friends here, who will never desert you) then it really is better not to have the added stress of putting so much of yourself into someone else. Take the time to take care of yourself.  Go talk to a Dr. find out what they can do for you, but be willing to do the lions share of the work yourself. You have already started in that direction. There is no way I could have gone for a walk in my deepest dark like you have.  I think that is impressive. I for one didn't even get out of bed or brush my teeth for almost 2 weeks. Everything no matter how small was too much for me. Even getting up to get a glass of water was overwhelming.  So I just stayed in bed and cried for hours.  Finally the thirst won out and I had to. I had never thought of what I read ealier about getting something from the doctor to help with the anxiety of a job interview. Seems so simple now, but of course when you are having such anxiety about something it is difficult to think clearly.  How are you doing now?
    • Posted

Im so much worse. I'm not going to lie. I'm hot, can't stay still, totally freaking out. It's just getting worse and worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.