Struggling to get over glandular fever after 8 months:(

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed with GF in august 17 and only gave myself 3 weeks to recover before college started (stupid idea) relapsed at the end of october and i was more ill than before! I had tonsilitis 3 times in 5 months and suffered mostly with fatigue, nausea and terrible headaches. I was basically in bed until feb. I went back to college about a month ago, but the GF has left me in this wierd state, i cant concentrate on anything even having a conversation is impossible. My eyesight is really funny like im stoned and i feel like im not really here. Im having trouble eating which isnt helping my energy levels or brain function which means i cant do my college work because i cant take anything in or remember it! My memory is terrible. I feel like my brain isnt really theresad

Has anyone else experienced this? Or have any advice for me?

I just need someone to relate to, i feel so alone in this because no one gets what im going through.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Maisie,

I went through all of the above, it does get better, but it took 11 months for me to feel better. I am now back to normal. The worst virus I have ever had.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, its so nice to have people to relate to. Is there anything u did that made u feel any better? Or have i just got to wait?

• Posted

How is your daughter doing? Is she still working with mono? I am still working but I Have gotten to a place where my body feels like it wants to shut down. I guess all the stress from personal issues and mono have finally taken a toll. 
    • Posted

Hi Brent,

She is still struggling, her brain fog is a little better, but it is still very slow going, she is still working and is exhausted when she gets home, 

I find that if I get over tired my body is like that, once you tired its like your body just shuts off.( my daughter and granddaughter too) We will never forget this virus that's for sure.

• Posted

Hi Maisie,

Try to only read positive recovery stories, this is site is the best for support. I used advil for body aches, I drank green tea for anti inflammatory properties and lots and lots of rest, I wish that I had better advise. Consult with the doctor, I hope in the year and a half since I came down with it, they have better advise.

• Posted

Hey Mono,

It's been such a hard time for you and your family I can only imagine, the three of you having to deal with this virus at different stages. Really hoping things pick up for your daughter soon, she must be so exhausted with it all.

You will still get stronger from where you are too Mono, although you feel exhausted when doing things at the moment, it won't always be that way - even when you think you've gone as far as you can in recovery, you look back another few months later and say 'wow I'm better than I was then' and that keeps happening until you feel you've got this thing under control and can do things freely again.

Hang in there and really praying God blesses you and your daughter and granddaughter today and brings healing in your lives.

Craig

• Posted

Mono and Brent, just wanted to say hi let you guys know that I do believe we are all going to get through our problems - I've not been great right now either with back pain and prostatitis, trying not to think about it but just need to trust God and remember He is on our side.

Craig

• Posted

I experienced everything you are going through. There are a lot of good people on this site and a lot of information. Rest as much as you can and try not to stress. You are young and that works in your favor. This virus takes time from what I have been told. Again, lots of information on this site.
    • Posted

Hi Brent,

Just want you to know still thinking about you and rooting for you. That's an amazing achievement to get back to work, remember though just go slow and it's normal to feel like you're hitting a brick wall at first, recovery is still happening but you get to a stage where things don't seem so hard anymore and your body finds strength and resilience to cope again - hang in there and really hoping things can improve as you try to do more things.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.