Struggling today

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm on my 14 th week, and stuggling today with anxious feelings. I had sugar over the weekend and wondering if could have me keyed up.

I READ some of the posts stating that it can take up to 6-7 months for the anxiety to leave, some being cured like Katecogs

I do feel IT HAS HELPED me in certain ares, but the anxiety seems to be lingering.

Any support you can give me will be greatly appreciated. thank you

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hang on lori your still early .it took me 8months to fully recover.

• Posted

Hi

Everything you have said is completely normal. i went through this nearly two years ago and spent a lot of time on this site!

14 weeks is still very early. It took me about 6 months to recover but it was not all bad all of the time. The anxiety was the last thing to go. i would have a few good days and then be all angsty again, thinking it was never going to go....but it did. I personally think that the citalopram is life saver but i would not have said that in the beginning! Keep going, you will have good days and bad days but eventually they all become good days x

• Posted

I totally agree with you both, it takes time but it with become fewer and further between the anxious days. Its so hard to want to compare yourself with others but you will recover! Dont fight the anxiety its exhausting just accept that some days are worse than others and go with it as much as you can. citalopram has been great for me ive been well for over two years now and if i have to take the medication for good then so be it. keep going you WILL get there my lovely.

• Posted

Im on 30mg but i am sure i would have recovered on 20. I was in such a mess that i thought by increasing it would get better quicker. after lots and lots of research on this, i have now figured it all out!! X

• Posted

THANK YOU for your support. I just got home from my 3 month CIT follow up with my DR. I told her i was still having anxiety in the morning but it seems to be less later as the day goes on. SHE said I've been on it for 3 months now and it should be in my system by now and working for the anxiety

I told her I want to stick with it and not change the med or go up anymore from the 25 MG

NOW i feel will this not work for me after all.

UGH!

• Posted

that morning anxiety and the afternoon relief means the med.is working.

• Posted

lori,

just like Lois said morning anxiety is good. It's working . It's slow to go away. it took me 7 months to recover. i'm at 10 mg . There were times i thought I would never recover. You

will get through this

• Posted

Lori, one thing i did learn from all of this is that doctors do not know everything. i was told 2-3 weeks... yeah righto!

Im just glad i didnt give up at that point. please just keep going, you will get there, promise x

• Posted

Day 8 10mg doing nothing for my anxiety, still feel so I'll, rapid heart beat all day, also on 20mg propranolol,

• Posted

Lori, one thing is for sure, it's a really wonky journey and I personally think docs are way too fast to suggest a dose change or a different med.

I hiked back up to 10mg 8 weeks ago, and am in similar position. Some weeks are great, some are crap. Going thru a crap few days since Saturday. But it will pass again.... it doesn't mean the medication isn't working. It takes time to become unwell, and it takes time to level out properly.

I would stick where you are. How can any gp say how you SHOULD be feeling after 12 weeks? We are all so individual, with different factors and circumstances affecting our recoveries. Some GPs need to be a lot more careful about how they phrase things.... It can be really demotivating to be made to feel bad.

When you feel anxious in the morning, remind yourself it's that morning blip, and is part of recovery, not separate from it.

And also, yes, diet. Sugar can spike anx levels. As can caffeine. I had a glass of wine on Thursday, and I think it was too soon....

Look after yourself 😊

• Posted

Lori, one thing is for sure, it's a really wonky journey and I personally think docs are way too fast to suggest a dose change or a different med.

I hiked back up to 10mg 8 weeks ago, and am in similar position. Some weeks are great, some are crap. Going thru a crap few days since Saturday. But it will pass again.... it doesn't mean the medication isn't working. It takes time to become unwell, and it takes time to level out properly.

I would stick where you are. How can any gp say how you SHOULD be feeling after 12 weeks? We are all so individual, with different factors and circumstances affecting our recoveries. Some GPs need to be a lot more careful about how they phrase things.... It can be really demotivating to be made to feel bad.

When you feel anxious in the morning, remind yourself it's that morning blip, and is part of recovery, not separate from it.

And also, yes, diet. Sugar can spike anx levels. As can caffeine. I had a glass of wine on Thursday, and I think it was too soon....

Look after yourself 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.