Struggling with weight

Posted , 7 users are following.

For ages my weight has been fairly steady but recently I have piled on the pounds; 9lbs in 6 weeks. I feel so heavy and the dresses I have just bought no longer fit me. I am exercising and eating healthily, including protein which I eat first but each day I am heavier. Has any one else experienced rapid weight gain?

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I too suffer from heavy legs, sounds as if we all suffer the same with this damn Fibro..
  • Posted

I started taking propranalol in March and within 2 weeks I had gained several pounds in my stomach. I am of small frame so it was very obvious but I wasn't connecting it with the meds until I started reviewing propranalol. I have leveled out but still not happy with the weight gain as I've had to buy new clothes. I started the shock diet which is about 600 to 700 calories a day and have been faithful for 3 weeks and have only lost 2 lbs. I'm seeing my cardiologist Friday and asking to change to another beta blocker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.