Stubborn frozen shoulder

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had mua two months ago followed by intensive physical therapy. I still go three days a week and do my exercises at home but am feeling frustrated. While I Amon longer in the same horrible pain I was I before I still have limited range of motion especially reaching back, lime to put on A bra. Csn someone tell me how long I can expect it to take for a full recovery?

I also just started using a dynosling at home to improve my range of motion.

I am tired and feel like giving up.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Jull, I had decompression on my shoulder 4 months ago which left me with lots of inflammation so I couldn't move, now my shoulder has frozen so I'm having MUA next week and I'm terrified it will make things worse ??. Been off work for 4months completely broke so I have no other choice but to have it done! Tried hydrotherapy physiology but just can't move it! Any comments please????

• Posted

Hi I had decompression on right shoulder - still froze solid afterwards as couldn't excercise untill surgery had healed properly (surgeon had warned me) so had mua and never looked back!!!! I got my life back!!!! I worked hard every day excersising solidly for 3months and got ALL range of movement back!!!! You have to excersise 3/5 times a day - I did more as I was so desperate to get my life back  smile So 2years down the line my other shoulder is now frozen and I'm booked to see consultant in 2weeks time thinking here we go again!!! BUt it'll definately be surgery again for me!! Carry on work hard there is light at the end of this very long tunnel I promise you all  smile Sending gentle hugs to you all  smile x

• Posted

Hi Anne, I have no experience with decompression but have had 2 MUA

With arthro release. I think when you are under a time crunch because

Of $ or other things the best consideration is to have mua otherwise this condition can

Drag on for years. Have you had any imaging done since your decompression ?

Iwould strongly recommend you do NOT check you tube or any videos about

The procedure. Imho. I am very glad I had the procedures done .

• Posted

Hi Karen, had scan which showed inflammation but that's much better now, I watched YouTube but didn't bother me ??

I'm going to have the MUA and it's given me confidence knowing that it worked for you

Thanks for that ??

• Posted

Mua really helped I had a major improvement in rom and less pain right away b
  • Posted

Hi Jull , I completely understand your frustration but two months post op is still pretty

Early . Reaching to the back is the last and most painful ROM to conquer. From all I

Have read and all the folks I have talked to, I would guess average recovery post op

At a minimum is around 6 mo usually closer to a year. With my first surgery about the 4.5 month

Point I still had not gotten full ROM especially abduction / external rotation , but was on my way.

I know it gets old , and you are exhausted. Everyday you use that shoulder

You are closer to getting your normal life back. I am on my THIRD

FS . Hang in there ! Please tell me about dynosling.

• Posted

Are you in USA? I am

I needed a prescription from doc and he called the company and a guy came and fit me With it You lay there for up to 30 minutes and it stretched you out when it stops hurting you crank it up to the next level. It helps with range of motion. Google it

• Posted

Thanks everyone! I will let you know how it goes, don't know where you all are but I'm in the UK and the doctors send you for things but don't give you any information or what to expect

So reading your posts has helped

So big thanks everyone xx

• Posted

Hi Jull ..I have been told by various physiotherapists that frozen shoulder can last between 2 to 3 years...I know it's like a mini chronic situation..I feel ur pain..hang in there..it's been 6 months for me

• Posted

I did mua and didn't ask that many questions before doing it since I was so desperate. It helped me a ton and I'm glad I did it but I somehow thought that after that I would have a quicker full recovery.

• Posted

I can't tell you how much this discussion has helped with my emotional well being. I am 10 days away from my MUA. I have had this FS since April. Down to about 10% ROM. Have tried PT, Acupuncture, Cortisone shots (x2), with absolutely no relief. I was finally sent to an orthopedic surgeon who determined that I need MUA initially, and possible follow up surgery thereafter. I have been extremely anxious about all of this as no one seemed to know much about MUA, or what to expect postoperative I truly appreciate all of the posts , as it gives me some foresight as well as some hope that there is finally some light at the end of this tunnel. Will post after the MUA to let you all know if I still want to cut my arm off! ;-)

• Posted

After mua I had an immediate major improvement !!!! The first three days I had slot if pain and stiffness but I had so much more range of motion. It no longer hurt to get dressed and even though it hurt I could get my hair into a pony tail. Since then (7 weeks) I am getting the rest if my range of motion back slowly. I am getting frustrated but know I have to be patient. Thank goodness I Have good insurance and am still in pt. by the way after the mua make sure to take the pAin meds do you can keep up with the exercises.
    • Posted

Same here sheri, MUA week Monday if it doesn't help I'm chopping my arm off too ??

• Posted

You should have almost immediate relief of the worst pain (like when dressing) and a big increase in rom

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.