Stubborn frozen shoulder

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had mua two months ago followed by intensive physical therapy. I still go three days a week and do my exercises at home but am feeling frustrated. While I Amon longer in the same horrible pain I was I before I still have limited range of motion especially reaching back, lime to put on A bra. Csn someone tell me how long I can expect it to take for a full recovery?

I also just started using a dynosling at home to improve my range of motion.

I am tired and feel like giving up.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I discontinued therapy in May.  I was in so much pain from all the pulling and twisting of my arm.  I did a lot of research myself.  The therapy was inflamming my arm so I was in so much pain.  I let my arm rest and iced it several times a day for several weeks.  Now it's August and the inflammation is down and the pain has subsided a lot. I don't even need to use a pillow at night.  I get a massage once a week to keep the muscles from freezing up.  I do my exercises daily. I'm finally on the upswing but have a long way to go to get full range. You have to get that inflammation down. I think 3 days a week is too much.  Everything that I have read says it will be at least a year for this awful disease to go away.  I hope this helps you

• Posted

Can you sleep on your stomach yet? I really want to and can sometimes Doug for a short time but then my arm hurts. I am scared to go for less therapy because they "work" on me and stretch me out and once when I didn't go for five straight days ( I was on vacation) my arm started to freeze back up. I usually feel better when I leave pt. I am not in that much pain anymore but still need major improvements in rom

• Posted

I sleep on my back and left side.  It's my right arm that is hurting.  If the therapy isn't hurting you then my all means continue.  But my PT was so rough with me that it took days for my arm to calm down.  i just feel that a lot of the PT workouts can be done at home.  It got pretty expensive to go twice a week then once a week.  From what I have read and researched, no matter what we do, it will take that full year to feel normal no matter if we do the exercises at home with a PT. It just takes time.  I'm a golfer so this is really killing me.  I'm a little afraid to go out, when I'm ready, to swing that club.  Fear that I might hurt it again.  

• Posted

I can't sleep on either side, my frozen is the right and if I sleep on the left when I try to move my frozen shoulder is stuck and in agony, so I sleep on my back for 4 months now and red not to move ??

• Posted

Do you use a pillow to support your arm when on your back and side? It helped me.
    • Posted

Thank goodness I have great insurance. I mostly sleep on crack with pillows all around
    • Posted

On back not in the crack lol
    • Posted

Try putting pillows where needed to support you. I can't wait to sleep on my tummy again. I have not been able to since October !!! Suck of mostly sleeping on my back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.