Stuffy nose

Posted , 8 users are following.

Have any of you ladies experienced feeling like your nose is congested but you can't really blow your nose? I woke up with a stuffy nose and felt like the way it does when you have a cold like you can't fully inhale on one side of your nostrils but when you blow your nose there is no drainage. I realized that this was probably yet another peri symptom because I don't have any other cold symptoms. I started feeling that panicky feeling and had to talk myself down to be calm. These symptoms are annoying. I wish they would just vanish into thin air just as easily as they arrived.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Shar

yes often and sometimes it just streams like a tap out the blue and stops.

( no cold or anything) its quite common in peri 

jay x

• Posted

And continues in post meno, well  it has for me ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi jay,

Yes like you i get the streams like a tap out the blue yet not got a cold and didn't associate it to peri. i can be talking to someone one min then my nose runs the next. (not a good look)

So i've got this for years have i rolleyes x

• Posted

Continued post for me as well - years on.  Pain it is.  But you just get used to it.  At least its not painful girls x
  • Posted

Yes. In fact I am dealing with that a lot lately.

I know all of you ladies have also dealt with headaches, dizzy spells, and feeling off balance. I am trying to remind myself this is all part of it. The worst of it is. Now my anxiety is so bad. The being off balance is such a scary feeling. I also feel like my eyes are being twisted. If that makes any sense. 

It is always a comfort just knowing I can get on here and talk with such a wonderful group of ladies. It does help ease some of the anxiety.

Wishing you all a better year!

Kim

• Posted

Hi Kim 

the dizzy spells and feeling like you may flop on the floor are awful..

( i did have 3 faints in my early onset of peri) that was 10 years ago, but the thought it may happen again is quite scary..

I got to recognise the onset of the faints .. Its like ' Got to sit down right now'  where ever i may be at the time..  I look for a chair, bench, anything, I found and still do queuing at a check out the worst thing, start lolling about and need to move my self, cant stand in one place motionless.

i still get the odd day of this post menopause, infact its like a pattern about every 6 or so weeks i get a really weird off balance day..

sucks doesnt, but when i dont have this off day i feel quite good most of the time..

happy 2015 Kim😊

Jay x

• Posted

Thanks, Jay. You are always such a comfort. The last 4 days have been really bad days. Find myself being scared and so sad feeling. I know it will pass. 

Thanks again for always being there!!

• Posted

Hi Kim

The sadness and anxiety and feelings of doom i had that too 😫

It does pass and i found my 150mg B6 helped mine, infact it went .. Yippee.

Mind you i am feeling fed up in a different way right now ' i have to do some ironing' 😣

Jay x

• Posted

Hi Kim, i too get the dizziness and feeling off balance and bad, bad headaches that can last for four days, the off balance feeling used to happen to me every day not so long ago and now its just random.  I still feel i can't stand for very long or i will tip forward or faint.  I'm so glad you mention the feeling of your eyes being twisted cos i get that and as it has never been mentioned before as a symptom of peri i thought it was just me yet i've had two eye tests last year and although i had to have glasses they have made no difference to the twisted feeling i can get and it lasts all day and sometimes makes me feel nauseas, not good when i'm at work on a computer but i've had a new screen, new lights put in the office, given up cheese and only drink decaf coffee & tea, bought new pillows and yet it still happens so must be our hormones playing tricks on us and as you say its scary. I know it makes me anxious too but it will ease Kim and you will get used to it and not so scared.  When it happens to me now i just tell myself it will pass and i will be ok tomorow, its just a bad day. frown Never feel alone in this cos your not hun we will get through the bad days and if you knew how poorly i've been since 2012 with this blinking peri i never thought i would of said that so there is light at the end of the tunnel, this forum will see us through. sending you a comforting hug if not slightly off balance xx
    • Posted

It is the most uneasy feeling!!! I too get the bad headaches. I just keep telling myself it will pass. The feelings of sadness, and impending doom are really haunting me right now. I am going to give the B6 a try that Jaynee mentions. 

Thank you so much for all your kind and encouraging words. It is such a comfort to know I can talk freely with you all. It is a true blessing when I'm really feeling down.

• Posted

Hi Kim

Never feel alone sweetie, 

Try 100mg B6 or busy B or Mega B 100 from holland and barret they both contain 100mg of B6 with other B vits in all three which ever you try will help 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi, I am 64 so well into post - last period was 58 - My body has changed so much.   Dry skin and hair - I moisturise doubly now which does make it much better.  The off balance I can really relate to - I used to wear a high heel all the time up until I left work at 59 but no chance now.  I have pumps and boots with flat heels.  I have still kept one pair of killer heels and attempt to go shopping in Asda in them every couple of months.  If it were not for the shopping trolley to hang on to I would look a right old scream.  Then when I get home I kick the flippin things off into the air and put my flatties back on - you have got to laugh though, my hubby says you are not giving in are you - ha ha - correct.  There are ways to get round our symptoms but the main thing is to realise we are not odd - we are all in this together.

The sadness I don't like at all, I am a chatty happy girly girl who makes people laugh - but I have for the last couple of years developed irritation with silly things, I really have to keep myself in check and not snap at my husband - I dont like doing that.  The doom and gloom sadness I hate, it just hits you - so I get on my exercise bike, or get power walking or throw some weights around - that deffo helps a lot.

I am getting some B6 today, didn't think of that.

Keep on chatting ladies x

• Posted

Yes, usually mine accompanies a headache,  I use vicks vapor rub to make my nose run when it happens.  I attribute it to weather and sinus.  The dizzy off balance, falling on your face feeling is the WORST for me, triggers anxiety, cannot focus ughhhh!  Comes on fast, sometimes lasts all day or days!  I also cannot stand still for great length of time, days like that I find myself more horizontal....waiting for it to pass!  Anyone every have vision issues, somedays I need to use my reader glasses not just for reading or on the computer, but for anything, and somedays my vision is blurred that all I can do is close them, annoying, other days not as bad.  I have a vision check coming up. Love to hear if anyone gets any vision changes with all the other nonsense we endure?
    • Posted

Hi loretta

Yes my eyes have got worse, i wear glasses all the time, vary focal, sometimes contacts, but i found dry eyes an issue and so dont wear contacts much now.

I hear a few menopausal ladies have dry eyes due to hormonal decline. 

Also in peri i remember moments of what they describe as kaleidoscope eyes, where patterns whizzing around would happen, use to be in the morning or when going from dark to sunlight . 

Use to be dark and white patterns. 

Jay x

• Posted

Thank you Jayneejay, yes I have some weird lights flashing, sometimes in one eye, briefly and always coming in from the sun to darker lighting its annoying, going from dark to sunlight, sunglasses a must for me!!! 

Anything else our bodies will do to us?  Thank you again! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.