stupid me

Posted , 7 users are following.

why did i let the doc talk me into dropping my last 2 mg so quickly.  when i knew it was wrong.  he wanted me off my last 2 mg in 1 month. and dropped my  prescription to 1 month supply.   i felt the pain coming back inside  2 weeks.   so booked some bowen treatment. and after 1 session i feel better.    just when i was doing so  well.    i antisipated it would take

8 month  to get to zero, by doing it my own way.  am now back to 3.5  mg and hopeing that holds everything back.    so my message is.   keep doing what you are doing   if its working   for you 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear of your pain returning. Why do docs do that? What makes it worse is that they restrict your supply and you're stuck. Can you see a different doc? My doctor inadvertently gave me the wrong amount twice running despite me informing them. I now have a supply that will last forever........not quite. I am at 2.5 and it's working for me. I tried reducing and got to 1.5 but pain came back and I increased by 1mg which has worked for me. I hope the 3.5 continues to work and your doc keeps prescribing without rushing you off. It's a very low dose.

• Posted

yes siver.   but you know what its like. if we say anything  they think we are telling them there job,  which windes them up    i keep telling my doc  that people on here  have gone through  it and  got out the other side

by taking it slow.  why dont they know that at a low dose we are safe

• Posted

There are a lot of people who can tell THAT story!!! I know - they really aren't receptive to "my way works" are they? And what has he done? Put you back by a lot - no time scale allowed, 1mg is enough to keep PMR symptoms at bay for many. And since it is doing no harm at all why be so silly

Show him this recent study:

Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Steroid Side Effects: New Findings, you'll find the link here:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pmr-gca-website-addresses-and-resources-35316

It is from a top PMR expert at the Mayo who is concerned about doctors forcing patients off pred too quickly.

• Posted

thanks eileen i have printed it off to take  with me on my next visit 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.