Stupid thoughts all the time

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am feeling horrible at the moment, every ache is a heart attack every head ache is a brain tumour every dizzy spell is going to knock me out!! I just want to be normal

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Steph, I woke up with tightness in my breath and short of breath. The most annoying part is some days I feel like the meds are working so well and that I'm finally going to be free of the horrific anxiety. Then there are days like today when I woke up 4 am shakey and with a tight chest and couldn't catch my breath. I am so fearful and hate these mornings, I still have to get up , smile and get the kids out and Go to work. It's so so painful , I will never stop the meds because my biggest fear is being curled up in fetal position crying and not wanting to deal anymore. Work gives me some moments of good since i have to cope in my setting . Just venting and appreciate everyone here . Wish I knew what we were eating differently from years ago. Was anxiety such a huge problem then? I don't know just so pained about this
    • Posted

That's how I'm feeling right now and I always feel more anxious panicky just after my period (sorry if tmi) but I've just gone really dizzy hot & panicky at work which never happens 😔
  • Posted

Same here...and the fact that I used to be a nurse ( and have some decent medical knowledge + some terrifying experiences) does not help at all. 

Yesterday had my first proper panic attack. Scared myself and scared the sh*t out of my partner, as he takes me very seriously. We were watching tv. And suddenly I just felt something is NOT RIGHT. Next thing I know I was hyperventilating, my pulse was racing up to 90 ( usual 60 for me), blurry vision, very very scary. Opened a window as I needed some air..The whole experience lasted about 4 minutes, but was terrifying. Never happened before, but I had too much stress recently and I am starting to get worrien about my mental health.

• Posted

Oh hunni I don't know what to say I've just had to escape from my desk as I've had a massive attack feel like I can't breathe feel dizzy & scared 😳
    • Posted

sitting at my desk and reading the posts.  I have never felt anyone really understands or feels the same way. I cant believe how many people have anxiety and have similiar symptoms. Sometimes I just blank out at work and feel so numb and sometimes my heart beats so fast I cant catch my breath. 
    • Posted

Hey guys. It is actually incredible how many people feel the same way, and can't cope.

I guess this is a great place to share experience.

Just wanted to let you know that there is hope and there is light at the end of this tunnel! With the right treatment you will be able to lose most if not all of the anxiety after 2-3 months.

I can describe how I handled it and what medication I took with details if you guys would like that. Let me know cuz it would be a LONG post.

• Posted

OMG i do the same its like i just stare into space and just can't get back into things then the dizzy starts and i feel out of my body i hate it soooo  much
    • Posted

same its so scary and i panic even more. are your senses heightened too?
    • Posted

Yeah feel like I can hear anything more then I get more panicky & scared xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.