Stuttering or possible meningitis with mono?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm trying to stop freaking out in the forums so much, but this time I really feel like I should ask since the doctor's office isn't open on the weekend. My neck has hurt and been really stiff for two days now. I haven't had others symptoms of Meningitis (apart from a headache yesterday but it went away), but I've stuttered a few times today which I've never done before and it really worries me because I haven't seen anyone else mention this with Mono, but I have seen that Mono can cause Meningitis. Has anyone stuttered from Mono or ended up with Meningitis while having Mono?

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi,

ive noticed ever since i got mono i tend to stutter sometimes when i speak but i feel like it may be a result of the brain fog. when i am more tired my brain just cant think of what to say fast enough. i have no idea about the meningitis but getting aches and headaches seems fairly common in people with mono.

• Posted

Hey Dominika,

Hoping you have had a good weekend and are feeling stable and settled at the moment and things are still improving, even if I know slow at times. I just want to say think you have done amazing in how you've handled everything and your courage and attitude during the time you were feeling worst and the maturity you've shown in how you've been managing the recovery phase and process too. Still believing that ALL the symptoms will be COMPLETELY gone for you with time Dominika, thinking about you still and take heart and confidence because this whole experience is going to make you a stronger, better and healthier person in the long run I do believe.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Dominika,

I think that brain fog may be the cause of mine too. I know what I want to say, but I'll still be thinking of the wording I want to use as I speak because I don't want to spend too much time thinking before I reply. Thank you for replying and i hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hey Ciela,

The brain fog sounds like a terrible thing, perhaps if not already trying certain vitamins / herbs might be worth giving a go - B complex is very good for brain function and nervous system, as are Co-enzyme Q10 and Gingko Biloba I believe. Maybe worth a try.

Craig

• Posted

Hi, im 9 months into this and i can say ive had stiff and sore neck/back on and off though recently thats been a bit better. As for the stuttering, I wouldnt worry about that, I was the same. I'd sometimes not be able to get words out and forget what simple words were. stopping mid sentence and forgetting my train of thought was normal for me. its still not great but its not as bad as it was. Its super hard not to freak out so i totally understand. any worries, dont hesitate to message me. thanks,

Will

• Posted

Hey Will / Ciela,

These symptoms truly must be awful to deal with, this virus can cause so many frightening things and episodes and just hoping so much for improvement for you both with these things you are going through. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and truly believing you are both going to get well and fully better again, trusting God with that, thinking about you and remember this won't last forever it really won't - there is hope and there is recovery from this (that's coming from me who also wasn't sure if there was and only got there thanks to God's mercy and healing).

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.