success of ablation??

Posted , 12 users are following.

how many out there have had ablation, repeated ablation, and how many has been successful, and for how long?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Someone else must have the same name "afiblady". I just saw this and did not post it.

Afiblady in KY.

• Posted

Just had my 2nd Ablation 5 days ago! The 1st one was 2014 so was good for nearly 2 years...no palps in that time so was shocked to get that old feeling back. In Ambo and off to hospital again for 4 days monitor and tests then 2nd Ablation. Had flutter for 4 years before 1st one ( Doc said menopause) but got real bad so had the Ablation. This time round more anxious about it all as thought I was fixed. Early days and just joined this group to get other stories but taking each day as it comes. Female, 59 and no illness till this.
    • Posted

I'm 69 and my afib hit after a long reapiratory infection. Do t know if it is related. No heart disease, no risk factors except 75 lbs overweight, female and 69. You learn a lot in 5 months and I am praying for us all, we get our lives back, and our doctors are the best in their field.

They put me on a two week monitor when they changed my meds last week. Hopefully I will get off the anti arrythmia med. I think eliquis will be my friend forever.

Here is hoping your second ablation was a success.

• Posted

I had just gotten over a nasty head cold when my flutter started again so like you I wonder if this can have an impact on our hearts. I did not want to have the first ablation 2 years ago and not ashamed to admit I cried like a baby before being wheeled in...nurse was wonderful and held my hand. After 4 years of flutters and constantly worried when it would hit, to be honest was a relief. Was so annoyed when after 2 years back to the beginning again and another Ablation but I must just accept it and move on. Like most people on here now on beta blockers and blood thinners. I will be 60 in 3 weeks and have great support round me so feel grateful for that. I have a twin who is not affected and she feels that is because she has different hormone levels to mine. I do feel mine was first started by Menopause which my Doctor maintains as well. Then just got worse over time. My very first episode was pretty bad then a year for the 2nd to appear. My cardio says you can have this problem from birth so who knows all very bewildering. I do know I can't stop it if it starts and I can not bring it on. It is not caused by stress as I have had flutter sitting in a chair reading a book. Then had stress and nothing...it is the weirdest thing. Just wish they knew more about it and what starts it. My sister says don't overthink it but I do. Anyway I will push through, my daughter gets married in October so that is my big goal to be healthy for that and beyond. Take Care. Myra

• Posted

U r right. All the papers and such say stress doesn't cause afib. Every episode I felt, I was sitting watching tv. I have not had any bad episodes after that first month.

I now am 1 month post ablation and all I have felt are skips and flutters. Found out today my potassium is out of whack due to water pill which I do t think I need. I have no underlying medical problems. I am awaiting the doctor visit as I type this. Truly keeping occupied and trying not to pay attention to your heart beat is crucial. U will know if it gets too high. Of course, see doctor or go to ER.

It is such a nuisance, but after 6 months I feel like the person I talked to first about this(my girlfriend who has had afib 20 years). Her words are "its like having a hangnail, irritating, but it won't kill us." We just need to keep on top of it and prevent a stroke and leave the rest to God.

I went in for my ablation much calmer than the weeks prior. I thought, I hope it works, I want it to work, I don't want to die--then I thought. It will be ok either way. Good luck to you. We can all beat it. There are much worse things than afib. Chin up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.