Sudden bloating, nausea, indigestion for the last 3 weeks

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 26 years old, and our of no where I have been hammered by the symptoms above. It seems to be magnified by alcohol, fatty foods and anything dairy (I'm lactose intollerant). 

More specifically, I have a constant feeling of discomfort from my stomach all the way up to my throat, like a really full feeling. It's like a constant need to burp, which sometimes ends up in a bit of food or drink coming up, as if my body just isn't disgesting at all. I have been gaining odd amounts of weight around my stomach too. I have no burning sensation in my chest.

My GP thinks it might be IBS but we're still waiting on a blood test. My question is, why now? And why so sudden? I'm not particularly stressed, I'm relatively healthy, I excercise almost every day.. I recently stopped taking anti depressants, which I've heard can nerf the symptoms. Just after some advice and insight from anyone who can, would be much appreciated as it's driving me nuts! A few weeks ago I could go out with mates, have a few beers and a burger and feel fine!

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know how you feel mate.. I've been suffering from constant nausea for the past 2 months..have had bloods done all Is normal,I've put this down to coming off amitriptyline but don't think withdrawall symptoms should last this long.reading up on the Internet also makes you jump to worst case scenarios

• Posted

If you look up the link to serotonin levels and gut motility, there is a strong link to suggest serotonin levels and mental state affects the gut. We all know this because when we get stressed out guts go wild, and common side effects of any neurotransmitter related drug will have nausea listed. I hope you're ok though - I've had nausea on and off for 4 motnhs since I went on antibiotics and feel like I've been in absolute hell. I'm much better at dealing with other symptoms but not being able to eat properly has forced my hand and I've been in the doctor's office once a fortnight for the past 4 months! My GP said antibiotics are the most dangerous drug he prescribes, no joke!

• Posted

I am suffering with the same thing. I hope yours is sorted out by now. It just gradually came on as days went by. My upper stomach got tighter and tighter. I was so bad that I went to the emergency room because I believed the any food I ate just started pulling in my esophagus. It felt like it was sitting at the tip of my throat and never touched my stomach. I wasn't going to make myself vomit undigested food and possibly choke on it! They checked my blood levels and everything came up normal thank God, I have a follow up appointment for a possible camera in my throat situation which I hope doesn't have to happen.

My indigestion came on suddenly. I thought it was a stomach bug. It's been 5 days and I've lost 5 lbs from not being able to eat. If you're someone who spends hours sitting at an desk or even laying down right after eating and this happens to you, I can promise you that is that is the cause. I sit at a desk 24/7 and I think it can reek havoc on our stomachs. Idk but I hope this will go away. I would hate to have a strict diet because of this

• Posted

anyone figure out what this was caused from? Or any treatments that helped? I have the indentical symptoms as the original poster for 2 1/2 months now. Test results keep coming back negative for what would normally cause these symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.