Sudden excessive belching/Burping &body aches with unconfirmed diagnosis..Thoughts?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Soooo in June I had sudden onset of belching n burping n feelings of air/gas rising up to chest. Long story but had endoscope in June with INITIAL diagnosis of "bile reflux gastritis". Started on zantex,sulcracate n no help. Predominant symptoms was excessive belching n burping. Me and that GI doc had f/o n he was kinda dismissive joking about it. He mentioned a "trial" of the muscle relaxer "baclofen". Tryed for 2 days 3x a day at 5mg but felt work was impacted. I have had 3-4 EKG test, ultrasound n ct scan of chest,abdomen n pelvis. All came back normal. That gi doc was kinda dismissive with " I offered all I can". I know have another GI follow up in 2 weeks. The first GI doc seemed to adjust his diagnosis but was NOT clear when I asked. He just said" no serious digestive pathology is shown". Soo I'm now on no meds n have burping/belching, some abdominal pains , lower back pain n feelings of inflammation in middle of back n lower back. Any feedback?

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have so many of your same symptoms. I was diagnosed with GERD and gastritis and I was put on PPI’s but they are no longer helping. I have a follow up with my dr tomorrow so I’m going to see what he says about my symptoms still persisting. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone, but unfortunately I’m also still struggling. 
    • Posted

they can be, if you search back pain with GERD and gastritis it both has cases where people experience this symptom and I'm one of the unlucky few who does. Plus I notice my back pain more when I'm more gassy which makes me believe it's definitely related.

• Posted

Yeah I noticed I never had any type of back pain or inflammation at all until this all started. I can be nerve wracking as you start to think about kidneys despite my lab test looking good. I've notice lower back pains n inflammation at times in back n shoulders

• Posted

I get it in the same places. it can be very stressful but i try and accept what my dr has diagnosed me with and pray i will eventually get better

• Posted

yeah. I have another GI appointment this wednesday for a 2nd opinion. I mainly wake up burping/belching n definitely throughout the day. never any heartburn. occasional upset stomach n nasea...no vomiting. the inflammation in the back n back stuff just started 7 days ago. all x Ray's of abdomen n back look normal and no infection or bacteria found in blood or urine..weird stuff

• Posted

Hi Heather, I have gerd and gastritis also. Do you ever experience muscle tightening in the back and stomach? Also bloating?

• Posted

Heather, I think my back pain has to do with trapped gas also. It feels like gas is trapped in my ribs sometimes and when it passes the back feels better.

• Posted

hi mary, yes it seems like i have lots of random back pain that shifts all the time and alot of the time it is relieved by passing gas. my stomach and ribs hurt almost constantly but i dont notice alot of bloating.

• Posted

Sounds like bile reflux gastritis as was first suggested.  See your doctor again to confirm. Ask for an explanation in plain English and explain you don’t understand medical speak.
    • Posted

thanks. I see a different GI doctor wednesday who my primary doc has confidence in...hard to treat what your not sure u have. I had MOSTLY belching n burping since initial diagnosis but in last month some abdominal pain..back psin..back inflammation n occasional naseu feeling....no vomiting

• Posted

An endoscopy can also look for h pylori by taking biopsies and testing them for the bacteria. Your doctor should have told you if biopsies were taken and you should have been told what the results of the biopsies were. You could ask your doctor if this was done if you were not told in your follow up appointment. However, I would be surprised if this was not done.

In any case, a stool sample test, breath or blood test can also look for h pylori.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.