suffer from acid reflux please help

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi to every one smile

I'm suffer from acid reflux many years ago I'm depression cause I try every thing from medication to herbs but I still have reflux I'ts weird cause It's from water more than any thing I'm thirsty so much but I'm scared to drink cause i know it will cause me reflux sad 

I have also indigestion in the form of burping , gases bloatin at upper stomach even from water I have also consipation 

I don't know what to do I go to doctors and they say you have just H pylori and gastritis  and no need for endoscopy but I'm sared , stress and I think alot for this proplem food is make me scared and i think alot befor i eat any thing , I don't drink or eat any thing harm for stomach but i still have this proplem and with water more ,I had food poisning many times but when I stoped eating out side home no more poisning , I don't have nausea exept if i eat or drink something i didn't like,also vomiting i don't have it exept if i want to vomit by putting my finger in my mouth to vomit , i'm depression really please give me support and help me , sorry for bad english I hope to understand me , thank you all smile

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have almost the same exact thing goin on and not sure if its the reflux or a stomach issue I just started taking prilosec otc which seems 2 help it some...I also think the fact that I just was diagnosed with anxiety can cause some of it as well
    • Posted

Thank you jeromy86 for reply I hope you to get better and I don't know this proplem from what ? Is it cause of stress or food poisning destruct my stomach or maybe from irrtable bowl syndrom cause of constipation and depreesion I'm confused really but we hope to get well soon smile
    • Posted

yea agree with your comment , maybe If you try ginger and honey it's helpfull for upset stomach that help me 
    • Posted

hi Serah i have the same problem for about 3 years now and i have been to more than 5 different GI doctors none of them can tell me what it is . they telling me that it is IBS but i do not beleive that. last week i start feeling pain in neck, soar throat,dry coughing mostly at night and bitterness in my mouth , so i went and look on what those symtoms are it tells me that it is the symtoms of Acid reflux so i make an appointment to see the doctor next month to find out what it acrually is., but right now am taking prilosec it kind of help but not enough.but i belive and i have hope and faith that all will be ok .god is with us .
    • Posted

hi Donatuse I hope you are fine , I have the same things for sore throat and muocos and this is mostly cause of acid reflux and nasal congestion , for the medication when I take nexium an opmeprazol that help a little but you know we can't take the medication for ever it must be a solution for this proplem but we can't find out the way , I hope you doing well the next month for the appointment and we must have faith , belive and mostly hope that we can find way for this proplems , thank you donatuse so much for support and god with us  
  • Posted

Sarah, To you and all the new people who keep discovering this helpful site, I know it seems to be a daunting task but you need to sit down and read all the forums on topics which seem to relate to your problems. There is an enormous amount of information and anecdotes on symptoms, diagnoses, medications, side effects etc etc. I doubt if anything new or startling is going to suddenly arise, (although I check daily) and people aren't going to bother to keep repeating the info for each new person who joins us.  You need to absorb all this data and then work out for yourself, what you can do to help yourself. I am in an a slightly different situation in that I am in Australia and although, as an aged pensioner, I can ill afford it, I choose to have some private medical cover. This means I get to have endoscopies, ultrasounds, etc with relative ease. Whilst this does not necessarily provide any answers regarding reflux etc, it does prevent the anxiety and stress that comes from being convinced that we all have some terrible terminal illness. For me, a worrier, it is worth forgoing other things for this peace of mind, especially as I believe stress is a large contributor to our problems

• Posted

hi sane thank you very much for your helpful answer , yes you are right about reading the topics to understand more and not repeate the same information , and you are right the endoscoby , ultrasounds  .etc keep us  peacefulness and away from stress and over thinking about the proplems that we suffer more and yes mind is more dangerous tha the illness it self and most of the time we get sick cause of stress and depression and we give the proplem more size that it need , when the doctors refuse to do endoscopy and they say you are just nervous and stress that time I become more stress cause I have all this thought and anxiety about my stomach so  i don't eat like befor and lose weight ,my mom keep say that i must forget and and make some useful activites to keep anxiety away but I'm not trying to do anything except worry , thank you very much and i hope you are well 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah am so sorry to hear that. But I can assure u that every problem has a solutions.  Just pray and believe in god everything will be ok... right now as I am soeaking with you I have the same problem and the same symptoms but am still fighting it I can't give up . So my advice to you is keep the faith and believe in god.
    • Posted

thank you Donatuse support , yea you are right there are alot of people suffer as much as we do and even more and we are not alone , yea I keep prey and belive , hope keep anxiety away some time but i have depression some times i give up cause of reflux and anxiety that it stay with out solution you know acid reflux is not good for long time but i will have more hope an faith and i will try to forget and have some activities to keep wory away 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah.  I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  I'm going through the same thing.  I've struggled with acid reflux for the past few years.  As well as depression, anxiety, and constipation.  I occasionally experience stomach pain/burning.

The reflux definitely got worse when I was constipated.  So the first thing I'd recommend is to eat more fruit, and perhaps lower your consumption of starch a bit.  I have to have some starch, or I just don't feel satisfied.  But if I eat too much, it seems to cause constipation.  But you may be different.  Just something to think about.  Fruit certainly helps my regularity.

Water is also important for constipation.  Like you, it sometimes causes me reflux.  To minimize that, I try to only drink water 2 hours after a meal, and not within 15 minutes before the next meal.  Again, that's my experience.  Try it out.

Regarding the depression.  You may want to talk to your doctor about that.  I've certainly found that when I'm not focusing on my reflux as much, my mood definitely improves.  Less depression and anxiety.  So once you lock on to a good anti-reflux diet to reduce the symptoms, then try to find other (enjoyable) things to think about.  Consider seeing a therapist or doctor for help in treating the depression.  I took anti-depressants for many years, and they certainly helped.  I'm off of them at the moment, but if I became depressed again I would go back on them in a heart beat.  Also, I'm seeing a therapist now and that seems to help.

So, here's the diet that I've found helps me minimize my symptoms:

I eat 5 small meals a day, spaced evenly apart (around 3 hours apart).

Each meal constists of plenty of lean poultry (usually chicken breast) or fish (usually cod), some starch (I use white Jasmine rice, but try not to eat too much because I think it may contribute to constipation), a little bit of olive oil (about 1 tbsp, which is a lot to most people, but I need the calories), steamed broccoli and steamed carrots, a little iodized table salt (if I could avoid salt, I would, but I think avoiding it completely seems to bring on heart palpitations).  And before each meal, I eat a very small apple (or one half of a medium-sized apple).  The apples help me prevent constipation.  Papayas are great for preventing constipation, too. 

I don't eat gluten (wheat, rye, barley) or dairy.  Also, I don't eat any spices, and try not to eat any foods with high acidity.

And I take 1 teaspoon of Carlson's Very Finest fish oil each morning.  I don't know if it's helping with the reflux.  It just has many other benefits (it helps prevent depression, and may also help prevent heart disease).

Other things to do:  try not to not lie down or bend over after a meal; wait 3 hours after your last meal of the day before going to bed; raise the head of your bed (or mattress) to sleep at an angle -- or buy a special wedge pillow (I use the MedSlant wedge pillow, but it's a little pricey -- around $85); do not wear tight-fitting clothing or belts around the waist.

I hope this helps.  Please also read the posts by Inez and others, as they contain a lot of good information, which has certainly helped me.

• Posted

thank you scott for the very helpful information , you are right for fruit it make me more happy and nourishment , I love water but like I say it make me reflux easily 

I don't eat much wheat product it make me reflux either , I eat rice and you are right if I eat more I get constipation , i eat vegetables alot it make my stomach calm , for milk and it's product i stop for eating them but that seem to be helpful , I take ginger , honey , camomile to calm my stomach it helps some how i will try to find a diet sutible for the reflux , but you know the most delicious food manufacturated by wheat so it's to leave wheat products forever but I'm trying to I dodn't give up yet,

about spicy similar to you i don't eat them also for the  Carbonated Drinks 

at past I was eating from out side home and that cause me food poisoning many times but now I eat onley home made food and since that no more poisening also I'm trying to choose my food carefully to prevent any reflux but the proplem now about water 

thank you very much and i whish you a nice day

• Posted

You need to demand an endoscopy or change doctor abd get a second opinion 
    • Posted

thank you lovelane for replay , yes that what i keep say to doctors that i visit but they say all this cause fo stress so I will keep trying until I find a good doctor for the right treatment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.