suffer from acid reflux please help

Posted , 13 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi to every one smile

I'm suffer from acid reflux many years ago I'm depression cause I try every thing from medication to herbs but I still have reflux I'ts weird cause It's from water more than any thing I'm thirsty so much but I'm scared to drink cause i know it will cause me reflux sad 

I have also indigestion in the form of burping , gases bloatin at upper stomach even from water I have also consipation 

I don't know what to do I go to doctors and they say you have just H pylori and gastritis  and no need for endoscopy but I'm sared , stress and I think alot for this proplem food is make me scared and i think alot befor i eat any thing , I don't drink or eat any thing harm for stomach but i still have this proplem and with water more ,I had food poisning many times but when I stoped eating out side home no more poisning , I don't have nausea exept if i eat or drink something i didn't like,also vomiting i don't have it exept if i want to vomit by putting my finger in my mouth to vomit , i'm depression really please give me support and help me , sorry for bad english I hope to understand me , thank you all smile

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have almost the same exact thing goin on and not sure if its the reflux or a stomach issue I just started taking prilosec otc which seems 2 help it some...I also think the fact that I just was diagnosed with anxiety can cause some of it as well
    • Posted

Thank you jeromy86 for reply I hope you to get better and I don't know this proplem from what ? Is it cause of stress or food poisning destruct my stomach or maybe from irrtable bowl syndrom cause of constipation and depreesion I'm confused really but we hope to get well soon smile
    • Posted

hi Serah i have the same problem for about 3 years now and i have been to more than 5 different GI doctors none of them can tell me what it is . they telling me that it is IBS but i do not beleive that. last week i start feeling pain in neck, soar throat,dry coughing mostly at night and bitterness in my mouth , so i went and look on what those symtoms are it tells me that it is the symtoms of Acid reflux so i make an appointment to see the doctor next month to find out what it acrually is., but right now am taking prilosec it kind of help but not enough.but i belive and i have hope and faith that all will be ok .god is with us .
    • Posted

hi Donatuse I hope you are fine , I have the same things for sore throat and muocos and this is mostly cause of acid reflux and nasal congestion , for the medication when I take nexium an opmeprazol that help a little but you know we can't take the medication for ever it must be a solution for this proplem but we can't find out the way , I hope you doing well the next month for the appointment and we must have faith , belive and mostly hope that we can find way for this proplems , thank you donatuse so much for support and god with us  
  • Posted

Sarah, To you and all the new people who keep discovering this helpful site, I know it seems to be a daunting task but you need to sit down and read all the forums on topics which seem to relate to your problems. There is an enormous amount of information and anecdotes on symptoms, diagnoses, medications, side effects etc etc. I doubt if anything new or startling is going to suddenly arise, (although I check daily) and people aren't going to bother to keep repeating the info for each new person who joins us.  You need to absorb all this data and then work out for yourself, what you can do to help yourself. I am in an a slightly different situation in that I am in Australia and although, as an aged pensioner, I can ill afford it, I choose to have some private medical cover. This means I get to have endoscopies, ultrasounds, etc with relative ease. Whilst this does not necessarily provide any answers regarding reflux etc, it does prevent the anxiety and stress that comes from being convinced that we all have some terrible terminal illness. For me, a worrier, it is worth forgoing other things for this peace of mind, especially as I believe stress is a large contributor to our problems

• Posted

hi sane thank you very much for your helpful answer , yes you are right about reading the topics to understand more and not repeate the same information , and you are right the endoscoby , ultrasounds  .etc keep us  peacefulness and away from stress and over thinking about the proplems that we suffer more and yes mind is more dangerous tha the illness it self and most of the time we get sick cause of stress and depression and we give the proplem more size that it need , when the doctors refuse to do endoscopy and they say you are just nervous and stress that time I become more stress cause I have all this thought and anxiety about my stomach so  i don't eat like befor and lose weight ,my mom keep say that i must forget and and make some useful activites to keep anxiety away but I'm not trying to do anything except worry , thank you very much and i hope you are well 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up