Suffering from anxiety disorder especially health anxiety (hypochondria)

Posted , 4 users are following.

After a kind of break up and i m only 16 haha, my heartbeat gradually and my heart started pounding. At first i thought it is due to the break up but after 2 or 3 days i decided to google it. Dr google asked me strictly to go to a doctor as dr google thought i had heart disease. I went through depression after i read that all and decided to make an appoimtment with an cardiologist. He did an ecg and some blood tests and everything came back normal. Then i was happy but after some days i started worrying about every sensation in my body and always checked and searched about sensations on google which always suggested some terrifying diseases. Many times after that i went to the doctor with some new fears and everytime he said its just anxiety. I went through many fears like cancers, kidney diseases etc. The things which made me feel better was reading that all the symptoms from which I was suffering from like tingling sensations,bad breathing and many more were anxiety symptoms. But after knowing it all it was hard to believe that these all are just anxiety symptoms. Now i was feeling very better few weeks back but now again anxiety is back. I m suffering from headaches and head pressure and some weird sensations in my head like prickling and numbness and tightness in scalp and in back of the head and neck. I also feel like pressure on ear and like ear fullness. I always think about the worst possible and these symptoms puts me in fear all the time. But some times i also feel really relax and all these symptoms dissappers when i try to calm myself. Some of my family members also suffer from anxiety but we dont talk so much so i better decided to write here to get help from some people who have suffered from this type of health anxiety and want to know from u people that how u have get through this.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry I mean 21st July, silly bum I am, not thinking
    • Posted

A week ago I mean. I will read before I send 🙂
    • Posted

I am so sorry about your Mum, Jane.  I can understand your sadness but it is important to grieve. 

I know you're right----- our loved ones are able to see and hear us after they pass and you're mum will now be well again, with your dad and feel peace and happiness. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.