Suffering symptoms similar to a stroke 6 weeks ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I don't know if anyone can advise me at all,

Before 6 weeks ago, I was happy, always alert, good concentration, good health really & I went to work one Monday morning & I felt fine I was having a laugh with my colleagues coz I'm totally opposite Monday's im wide awake & not long before lunch suddenly I got stuck with this sudden pain in my eye like stranglation feeling in my left eye (it didnt feel

Like a migraine) and then I had this funny sensation down left side of my face (didn't droop) it all went numb right down to my jaw & inside my mouth my speech went slurry & all down my left arm & leg, it was something id never felt before, I went into this attack the first 5 minutes was the worst and lasted about an hour, I was rushed to A&E & they did tests including MRI which came back normal & the neurologist diagnosed me with Hempilegic migraine, now I admit I suffer migraines but very very rare my migraines are just the ones that last upto 2 hours until I'm sick & then it disappears and then I'm full of energy like nothing happened! But this I suffered was something different nothing Id ever experienced, also since then it's 6 weeks later now, it was only that one attack that ive had (first time ever), but since then ive suffered really bad fatigue, dizziness, vertigo, like this blurry vision ( I went to eye clinic who said my eyes are normal) it's feels like I'm Tipsy, I can't concentrate, ive got no focus, increased sensitivity to light & sound, muscle spasms in my legs etc ( I haven't got a migraine present or anything) ( I didn't have any of these symptoms before I had the attack) it's getting me really down coz quality of life has gone, Im off work and been signed off for further more weeks I can't go to work like this, I want to learn to drive (seems impossible) doctors aren't very helpful, I just don't know what to do, is this a hemiplegic migraine or was this a TIA or something else? I'm same im wondering how long these symptoms are going to last it's 6 weeks now and the symptoms aren't improving, it's like I'm brain damaged!bits horrible :'( xx

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too have all of the symptoms you have described plus more.  The hemiplegic migraines that I suffer from vary in length of time and severity.  Yesterday I had one of my "zone out" attacks where I just zone out and cannot respond to anyone or anything, but I can hear what is going on.  The spells can last anywhere from, a couple of minutes to an hour.  Then I get a gut wrenching headache, I feel like I am freezing to death and I can't walk.  It all happens on my right side.  I do not drive anymore because I had several accidents prior to not driving.  This has left me feeling awful because you are dependent on someone else. I also have other types of migraines.  Push your neurologist to continue to try any treatment for these horrible migraines.  They are quite difficult to deal with.  I have found that medication has its on life form meaning that it will only work for a period of time. I have tried just about everything from any different types of medications to Botox, etc.  keep pushing your dictor!!

imwish I could be of more help but there is no magic cure.  Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.