Suicidal plans

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've been through therapy, medication doesn't work, almost about to lose my job, no friends no family and I don't see the point in going on. There's nothing left hidden in my psyche now. It's all exposed. But that's all a lie that opening up solves your problems.

There is not one thing left for me to do here.

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ted life is hard for everyone don't give up hope I've been in a similar situation. and trying to cope was very hard for me at one point but people on here have helped me alot.

• Posted

Hi ted I'm also feeling like that,but coming on here and getting good advice will help you please believe me there is always hope,what is going on with you at the moment x

• Posted

its the depression thats making you feel this way and it needs addressing in such a way that it eases off,wether that be by medication,talking to people or by getting an endorphine rush through exersise of some description,but know this its not somthing that you are going through alone its something that is a world wide thing,now im not saying that it will make things easyier for you as its a pritty lonesome thing depression but just knowing its not just you that feels this way is helpfull,things do get easier with the right directio,STAY STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT MY FRIEND
  • Posted

Hi Ted,

I am in a very similar position. I buried my last family member earlier this year, isolated myself from most of my friends and my career took a nose dive.

What is interesting is how quickly things turn bad then can also turn good.

I don't know if you believe in God, but suicide will mean you will be damned. Please I beg you, I know how you feel. I really do. Please, hang in. This is a great place to know you are not alone.

It breaks my heart to hear your situation and so many like yours here. But, we have to stick together and talk please.

I live in the dark place that you do. I just feel it has to get better so I try.

Is there anything that makes you happy?

• Posted

Hi guys

Thanks for sharing your feelings. It does really help to know others are going thru the same thing.

I don't know what to do. I mean I have a doctor and therapist. I'm on medication, which doesn't work but yet I've been on it for 3 years, any therapy session I go to leads to days of self harm after. I'm afraid if I go to hospital I will lose my job, I'm on probation, and I have nobody to turn to if I get into financial difficulties. If I lose my job I won't even have rent for a month meaning I'll be out on the street.

I wish things had been so different

• Posted

Hi ted,

I was in a simular position about 34 years ago. I walked off into the woods with a bottle of scotch and boxes of tablets. After taking them and the scotch I started thinking about my family, staggering around in the woods it suddenly seemed important to tell someone why I had done it.

I found a telephone box at the end of a track and dialled the operator. I tried to explain that I wanted to call home but couldn't remember the number.

Next thing I woke up in hospital, having had my stomach pumped. I was put into a ward with terminally ill patients, they were fighting for their lives, I had stupidly tried to end mine. Don't give up, battle it and emerge stronger.

Best of luck, mike.

• Posted

Hi Mike

That's a really inspirational story. Thanks for sharing it

You must have been quite young. I managed to fight and win a horrendous battle with alcohol. I guess now I'm sober I have to deal with life. It is great to hear your story

Thanks

• Posted

HI Ted, hope today was better for you. Keep writing here. It always helps me to know I am not alone.  If your meds, therapy.. are not working change them. 

I don't think doctors are always right.

• Posted

As much as reading this saddens me greatly, I am glad you are talking about your problems in a public space and at least trying to engage dialogue about what's going on.

Life is not easy, but it's a worth-while journey. Some of us have more trials than others, but that makes us no less valuable of a human being. Seeing past the din of our depression is sometimes the most difficult thing a person ever has to do; I haven't managed yet, myself.

I'm alive today because of random people deciding that they aren't going to let me commit suicide. People who had nothing to do with me, or my life, risking their own because they wanted to show me I mattered, that my life mattered, and that giving up isn't the answer. Going to self-help groups made me realise that I wasn't alone, and suddenly I had friends who actually understood me, capable of relating to and reaching me.

I know what it's like to be at the bottom of the river, looking up, wondering why the heck you should even bother swimming to the surface. The feeling of eternal darkness and dread, your life suddenly having no meaning or purpose beyond getting to the next day. But you CAN find that meaning, that purpose, again. Maybe it doesn't happen today, or tomorrow, or next month, but it will come if you try and don't give up hope. Never be afraid to reach out to other people; we, like many others, WILL reach back and never give up on you. You are not alone.

Hmmm... If your medication isn't working, try another one; when I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I had to go through over 14 med combinations before finding the one that works, and even then I got swapped over to setraline. This process took over 7 years. Meds for depression normally take up to 3 months to be in full effect, so if it's not working for you still, I'd say talk to your GP about getting a swap.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for replying.

I'm not that familiar with medications and that other then what I've taken. I was taking venlafaxine 300 for ages but no good so I got it deceased.

My doctor and medical team believe that medication won't work for me though. Has anyone else had that response? I assume that medication works for people who suffer depression for no reason other than a chemical problem?

Unfortunately my depression reason is really obvious. I suffered years of abuse as a child which has clearly ruined my life. I assume that medication doesn't work for people in my situation that you need to come to terms with it or something?

I don't suppose anyone with medical background posts here?

• Posted

Venlafaxine is an anti-depressant meant to treat major depressive disorder and/or panic/anxiety disorder. If you haven't been diagnosed with either of these, then you are definetely not taking the right medication. These are meant for people with chemical inbalances in the brain, thus work to replace what is missing and make the brain function properly.

There ARE medications for chronic depression, which is normal depression lasting in severity for over 2 years. But like with any form of depression, a cure doesn't come overnight and there is no wonder pill that fixes everything. Your best bet is to go to a psychiatrist and get yourself properly diagnosed, so you know exactly what you're dealing with (knowing what's wrong with you is half the battle) and from there you can setup a plan.

• Posted

I was put on the venlafaxine by a Psychiatrist. I cant afford that level of care now though. I'd imagine you get prescribed different things by different people. Certainly that drug doesn't seem to work for be.

• Posted

Hi

I wanted to give an update on my situation. I actually feel alot better now. Obviously that's all relative and clearly I'm not OK whatsoever. But I'm managing now. I reassessed things with my doctor and going to start therapy again soon. I've several hurdles to get over but I'm feeling more able to get through them.

I guess I'm really learning the value of therapies outside of medication. I think meds are way over prescribed. People want them and the only effects I would imagine are 99% placebo. Talking and sharing is much better. And eventually learning and being able to do things again. I think you have to accept nothing will make you better but yourself. Once you accept that and stop fooling yourself that different combinations of medicine will help you can start to get on.

Thanks everyone for being here during a bad time. Hopefully with everyone's help I'm gonna start getting better from here.

Best of luck to anyone on the same journey

• Posted

Hi Ted. Been reading the posts on here. People would be lying if the said they have never been where you are now. When you existentually think about this life we have, it is easy to believe that there really isn't much meaning to us being here. We say that our lives, being lived, don't make any difference in the universe. I have felt that way too. The funny thing about this assumption is that we are assuming that we know everything about the universe and all of it's possibilities and outcomes, when we don't. Everything in nature, including the universe is tied together. Which means that our lives have purpose. Even if we can't see it. Let yourself be selfish and take care of yourself my friend. It's not a crime. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi ted,

That's good to hear, you have taken your first steps to recovery, accepting that you need to get yourself sorted.

We are always here to help or encourage if we can in our own, sometimes unique, way. We know we don't have all the answers but most of us are here for a simular reason.

Good luck for your future,

Mike.

• Posted

Im 16 and dont know why im feeling so deppressed. Lately ive had suicidal thoughts, i dont have any motivation to do anything and my schoolwork and social life are suffering. Any advice?
    • Posted

sorry i put this on a discussion about someone else im new to the site.

• Posted

Hi Will. I started this thread cos I felt the same. And in the space of about a week I feel better now. Not totally better by any means. But not suicidal.

You need to talk to someone asap. Here is a good start. I got messages of encouragement and felt better about talking in real life.

You are not alone. I was in your shoes recently. My work suffered. I've been there. Lots of people here have. Please vent your feelings here as it's completely anonymous and safe. And don't do anything till you get replies.

Ring the samaritans. I don't know where you are but there will be a branch in your country or a similar organisation. I rang them and didn't say much. I hung up the phone a few times. I cried. So dont be afraid to cry or end the call. We have all done it. You can email the samaritians. I found this good. Sometimes it's easier to write. You won't get a reply for about 12 hours though so keep going and distract yourself in the meantime.

You really need to talk to someone in real life though. I know it's the weekend so gp's have limited hours but there is always one nearby. Your parents or a friend are nearby and can help. There nothing to fear. Sometimes it feels like when you tell a doctor or parents things move fast and it can make your head spin. But it's all good.

Try any and all the above things please! Talk here as well. Dont worry about school or work. Not important at all right now.

Can you try ringing the samaritians or parents or a friend now? It'll be strange, but in a good way.

By the way, you can use my threads any time haha.

Take care. You will be OK. Trust me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.