Suicidal thoughts, 45mg mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

3 years on mirtazapine and pregabalin. Have been very low for 6 weeks now. Really obsessing about suicide like I used to when on seroxat. My family try to help but I'm just fed up with being a cause of constant worry for them, particularly my mother who's had 25 years of it. My business is failing and I've been single for 10 years plus now. I basically have no hope left and feel empty. Have had years of CBT but always end up back here feeling like this. I just feel I am destined to kill myself and am just trying to find the courage to do it. I know what it will do to my family but my life is a never ending cycle of pain and I am so tired of it all that I can't even describe it.

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have finally got an appointment on Monday to see the mental health doctor for an assesment. Monday seems a long way off right no though (Thursday). I am barely getting by at work and crying a lot. I got really stressed/upset in front of a client yesterday and it was so embarrassing.
    • Posted

right down may be some some things to achieve Friday, Saturday and Sunday as mini goals.

Maybe do shopping or something on Saturday, reward yourself with say watching the TV. And when you do both spend time think what your doing not letting it stray . If it strays dont worry, the fact your trying will be a greta achievement and should focus you. Its daft how teh small things can be more noticeable when your down. Yet you just take thing like that as the norm and dont think about them. The world we live in is so fast, and thats one reason people are suffering.

• Posted

That's good advice, I definitely need a plan to get me safely to Monday. I am just so emotionally unstable I've genuinely scared myself lately, I haven't felt like this for years; it's awful really as I just feel like a different person. 
    • Posted

You can change but i am guessing your like all of us on here we want to be well tommorrow and it doesnt work that way
  • Posted

I finally saw a doctor, been prescribed Sertraline so cross tapering from Mirtazapine. Have felt awful but got some support now (nurse phoning me once a day and given the option of staying somewhere if I need to). Barely coping with work and really hating my job as it's very stressful. May have to think about a new career.
  • Posted

Hi Pablo - thats really good to hear - was thinking about you and wondering how you got on. What will the Sertraline do ?
  • Posted

I see so many people who struggle at 45 mirt. It's way to high a dose. Doctors think oh, 30 not working go 45, that's not the way mirt works......talk to the doctor. I'm pretty sure if you go lower and I believe,you can add an SSRI you may get some,relief. You have an illness, you are not to blame and your family is aware of this. It's a difficult disease, but don't let it beat you. Kick its ass. Get to the doctor and get the meds straight. Good,luck❤️
  • Posted

Sertraline should lift my mood once it kicks in. Still feel so bad I'm crying at work and can't cope with anything. I'vd never lost hood completely like this for 20 years. The doctor told me someone would phone me every day to see how I am but they haven't bothered. They really don't care despite saying they'll support you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.