Suicidal with Tinnitus. Dont know what to do.

Posted , 15 users are following.

hello,

I noticed the ringing in my ears 4 weeks ago.

its relentless, 24/7. I cannot focus or concentrate on anything. I obsess over it constantly, from the moment my eyes open in the morning. People tell me not to think about it, but im finding this impossible when its there constantly.

Iv seen 4 different doctors, 3 said my ears ate fine, 1 said I had an infection and prescribed a weeks course of antibiotics. they had no effect. I had a hearing test which showed my hearing is perfect. Due to Covid I cannot get any appointments at the moment or anytime soon so im at a complete loss. I'm scared of what I may do and the fact that suicide seems like my only way out of this. A noise has changed my life and its torture. I understand some may find this selfish of me given the worlds current situation but Im so scared, tired and anxious and dont know where to turn.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

hi,

i understand how you feel. mine began a week ago and its relenting. just know you are not going through this alone. i know the feeling laying in bed at night and wanting it to just go away. its ok to have those really bad days about it but you have to continue to do everything you can to try to keep going. talk to someone. it is so new to us that its hard to think this is something that we may have to live but of there are people on here saying they have been living for years with it, knowing that they made it and found a way to deal with it and live their lives gives me strength to try what i can to see what can help or how to deal with it. its very very rough right now but i didnt get this far in life just to give up hope and faith. you can and will beat this.

• Edited

By yourself some sleeping headphones and put some soothing sounds on, so even if you wake up at night you won't hear it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.