Suicide

Posted , 15 users are following.

Well I'm gonna take 28 norgesic pills after I drink 4-5 glasses of scotch. I hope they will do the job.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please don't! I know everything is cloudy and difficult for you at the moment but remember, you WILL make it out of this! Please don't do anything rash, there are people who care about you and love you even if you don't realize it. You have much more to give.
  • Posted

Can I have thescotch? 😊 think what you are doing if you need to get hammered first then it cements you aren't in clear mind space about this. Send the scotch to me, go scream at the moon, punch a pillow . Come beat someone up for me so I stay out of trouble. Put kettle on make coffee, Nick
  • Posted

Don't do it! At least try to get through tonight then re-evaluate things in the morning. You can Pm me if you need someone to talk to x
  • Posted

Hi chrisal96, before you do it can i ask why?

Last year i was so depressed (had been since 13 and then at that point 21) i got to the place where i was either going to kill myself or ask for help. No more thinking about it, it was action time. I couldn't keep going the way i was going and i didnt want to live. But to die is the last resort and should always be treated as such. So i decided to ask for help for the first time in my life. Why not? Theres nothing to lose other than a few more days alive.

I was put on antidepressants and passed around from doctor to doctor until finally, i found a reason to live.! One doctor told me that by going to the edge (and i mean truly going to the edge like me and you) we know ourselves more than most people know themselves. DO NOT TAKE THOSE PILLS. Honestly. Use your pain to better yourself and those around you. You know what the edge looks like and you shouldnt go down that place because too much to do before going down it.

Please message me back so i know you're alright. Youre a good person and have a place on this earth no matter what

• Posted

James I think you and me are soul mates!  I have been depressed since around 12/13 and I too reached a crisis point in my 20's.   I made the same plan as you to either kill myself or ask for help.  I too chose the latter and found a way to live and find satisfaction in my life.   I reasoned the same as you did - what did I have to lose by seeking help and reached the same conclusion. 

The edge is a terrifying place isn't it?  Those of us who have been there and looked over it are,  I think,  better people for it - more understanding and intuitive.  

I found the journey of self awareness and self discovery very interesting didn't you?    I leanred that I was ok and was in fact quite a nice person which was a big relief.  

I will add my pleas to the others.  chrisal96 please listen to us and give yourself a chance for life.   I have (mainly) never regretted it and the suicide option is a comfort blanket for me which I hopefully will never use.   Bev xx

• Posted

Hi hypercat,

Exactly! To see the end and think 'not yet' gives us strength. It's with this strength that i try (and can see you do as well), to try and help people get to the same position. There are so many people with different problems in this world that if we could only work as a true society and help one another eveyone would be better off!

I agree that the journey is so intersting. It's a strange and crazy world we live in but by getting through the cloud of depression it can be very enjoyable. I like to think we're all good people deep down and by finding ourselves we can interact better with others because there's less self-doubt, meaning we can be more honest with our peace of mind. Beyond selfishness and selflessness, there's self control.

I'm glad to hear you've also got through you're depression and are using your insight into mental illness to help those who need it. Keep going!

• Posted

Thanks Jamie and I see you are as well.   I am still depressed but mainly it's controlable with the little pills and self awareness.   I have accepted it and adapted my life to deal with it.  But that's ok even if it means I have missed out on some things.  Some is better than none isn't it? 

I find the hard part with helping others is working out where they are at and how you can help them.  Different stages mean you can understand some things and not others.   You and I both know that.  

I do know that you have to know yourself pretty well to be able to adapt and I salute you for going through this journey too.  It's b....y hard isn't it?  But well worth it in the end.   Take care.  Bev xx

• Posted

Bev you are a very lovely caring person and yes I mean that,

They say we all have a cross to bare sadly some more than others,anytime your having a rough time if I can be of any help plz let me know Maria x

• Posted

Aw thank you Marie that's lovely and much appreciated.   I often see your great replies on here and think WOW.   Big hugs  Bev xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Bec I think I'm more epithetic than I used to be when I was nursing I cared about all my patients since becoming ill myself and suffering depression I understand a lot better just how bad depression can be,

I remember in 1989 I was working in a&e there had been a fire and a baby sadly passed away along with her mother they brought in her father and two small children for severe burns and smoke inhalation plus two firemen, I was talking to a fireman who clearly was shook up, he asked me if I loved my job I said yes why? He told me I've been a fireman for 9yrs and I've seen a lot but I couldn't save the baby I looked at him and said everyday I witness death and new life but sometimes no matter how hard you try and will a patient to live it just doesn't happen.

He just nodded his head and told me I can't do this anymore, I asked if they had a someone who they talk to in situations like this he nodded and I had to go 5mins later the receptionist came running through and said a person had gone into the loo and there was blood all over the loo floor because I'm quite small I had to crawl under the door after getting no answer sadly it was the fireman he'd slit his wrists and we couldn't save him I couldn't save him but I have never forgotten the haunted look on that mans face and he is my reason for going on sometimes I just want to go to sleep and never wake up but I know I have to keep going though my body is screaming in pain I can't leave my son without a mother even though he's married again thank you bev x

• Posted

I took them.. I hope they will.do the job.. bye
    • Posted

1-800-222-1222

Poison control number of you rethink this. Please, think about it.

• Posted

I don't think you are in the UK, but Samaritans are open 24/7 I believe, maybe the same in your country.

The trouble with paracetamol, is it is not always guaranteed to work. My best friends wife who was a nurse in an ICU/One step down ward used Vodka and paracetamol.

If they'd been a bit more on the ball at the hospital they may have saved her, but what sort of state she would have been in I don't know. You can end up not suceeding but damaging yourself, so if things look bad now, they can end up a whole lot worse, with major damaged internal organs.

• Posted

Well you know it's my second time trying (doubled the amount this time) first time was 5 years ago when I was 14-15.. I guess all these years I was trying to point it out without exactly saying it until.tonight.. You know for me is like disappointed everyone be ashamed of what am I getting criticized by your own people.. This night was the worst night.. I was thinking of it for days and I think there is no way to keep this going... I left a note to my parents on my phone.. Well if I make through the night I will ask for help.. If I don't well no problem.. Cheers...
    • Posted

Bless you bro. I can only encourage you to rethink. I know how damn hard it is, I have Bipolar Disorder and almost ended it all a few months ago. I can't tell you what to do, but please please get some help- you have much to live for and the days will get better. I say with experience that things will get better- I can promise you. Charlie
    • Posted

I'm sure your going to do what ever you've set your mind to because you feel real sh*tty. You know I'm 40 years old I'm from Dallas Texas anyways my first suicide attempt was when I was 14 I took 200 pills of 500mg Tylenol I didn't think about it I just did it because I was tired of everyone talking down to me as if I was nobody so I thought nobody cared. I ended up in the hospital with servire stomach pain it was extremely painful I had everyone who I thought didnt like me right by my side. So I was wrong my feelings were hurt but I could have fixed it if I would have talked to someone. I hurt my parents very much and I was very embarrassed. Well then years later age 35 my mom passes away and I fall deeply into depression I wanted to die. So again I took 3 hand fulls of pills drank 2 beers and called it a night. I felt the medicine flow into my veins started seeing flashes of lights my body started feeling very heavy I was feeling pain and I got scared so I drove myself to hospital which I have no idea how I drove in my condition. My stomach was pumped I was 30 minutes away from my blood being poisoned I couldn't have died. Then again at age 38 I was chicken again I took myself to hospital this time psychiatric unit. I found out that I'm mentally sick that how I feel and think is very different than what normal people feel so there's medication to help you feel better. you tryin to overdose is a coward way to face life. God gave us life for a purpose please don't waist your precious life being depressed I'm sure that its fixable what ever happened to you to make you feel you want to die. And if its not then the hell with it and laugh about it instead of crying. There is something that makes you feel better look for that. have fun with it and learn from this. Life is too precious to keep it all to yourself. Prayer works I'll pray for you.

• Posted

Hi if you don't manage to kill yourself you could well end up damaged which would make your life far worse.  I know of a chap who took a massive overdose of paracetomal and when he came round he realised he wanted to live after all.  Too late,  he died of massive liver damage 3 days later in hospital.  That's tragic. 

I know of others who have jumped from a high place and ended up still alive but with a wooden leg or became a paraplegic.  

Don't do this to yourself - please seek help.  Bev x

• Posted

Hello chrisa, not quite sure which gender you are ,whatever, I was about 

to pop a message on to this forum, and came across you.and 

wondered if you are still with us ???? 

• Posted

Hi  Patricia, bet he is still with us, the ones that do it ,don't tell 

everybody, he needs a shoulder to lean on and obviously someone

to talk to .At least he has got us to talk to ,so that is a step in the 

right direction.

Pity we don't know where he lives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.