Suicide attempt and depression

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi,

I tried to kill myself about 3 weeks ago by taking my entire prescription but was sick before I could feel any effects, been on Amitriptyline and nightly booze about a year on and off but had a lot of nights out with work and drinking at home alone and felt one night I should just die. So I took 32x 50mg of Amitriptyline and lots of alcohol but I ended up vomiting from the taste and ended with a numb face and a good nights sleep.

Normally I feel okay and cheery but the odd night or day I can barely stand life and other people are just a knife in the back, I do not want to speak or associate at all and working a service desk job is torture, too many people asking how my day is and this time of year everyone wants to hear what I'm doing for christmas and wishing me the best and all and I wish I could reply with "Well I hope to die from overdose very soon!" but it never happens.

Anyone else felt this way and if so how do you cope? I have made appointments with my doctor but end up making up nonsense as I don't have the nerve to open up to him, he's so nice and polite I don't want to burden him and wish even more to die in my sleep every time I even remotely think about putting such a horrible burden on him and I just turn even more to alcohol and more pills.

Every week I always say about Thursday or even Wednesday I will not touch a single thing, no alcohol or Ami but I always do. I have had colleagues say I look like sh*t on Mondays and sure they are joking and being honest but it puts me down so hard because it hits me like a brick and I feel worse for having no control over such a simple thing.

I need help, I have saved up a lethal dose now and fear I may get so hammered I can't rationalise death and just take the lot. Lets say about 6 grams in total(im only 70KG) and not my own prescription, two aunts and my mothers... plus as much alcohol as necessary.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I tried the amitripyline cocktail and I didn’t even go to sleep! I took about 3000mg and 500mg Valium, yet nothing but hallucinations and swaying. I totally understand and it’s your choice, some of us go through hell if life. Don’t judge people who have suffered abuse and stuff. You haven’t walked their shoes. I even crushed the amitripyline into gelatine capsules so I wouldn’t taste it and added sickness tablets. Can’t believe I didn’t even sleep. 
    • Posted

Wow 3000? How many mg? I took 10 150mg and I almost didnt make it. Had breathing tube for several days woke up but dont remember much. I hope you're doing better!

• Posted

Yes 3000mg. No idea why it didn’t work. Some were a few months out of date. Or it could be that I’m used to them. Very surprised though, esp with Valium on top. Not feeling better, but hope you are. What symptoms did you have when u took it? I just couldn’t walk without banging into stuff. 
    • Posted

You are obviously highly unintelligent. How the hell would I know it if I hadn’t research it!!! I stated the amount I took didn’t work!!! The original was 5000mg with 300mg Valium, then the upper was actually 7000mg with 300mg plus 200mg Valium if you didn’t have the other medication they stated. I suggest you research. I stated the amount I took didn’t work stupid!!! Both should work, the 7000mg was to make it work quicker that’s all!!! I’m very knowledgable, you aren’t!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.