superficial gastritis.....

Posted , 5 users are following.

so I just had an endoscopy yesterday and the Dr found some mild inflammation / superficial gastritis.. didn't recommend even taking anything for it...

But how exactly do you get rid of this crap?Even though its mild it still bothers me. 😒

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

It is possible that even after endoscopy doctor might have misdiagnosed it.

I had an endoscopy. And he concluded that I had nothing but just anxiety issue.

He gave me PPI . But one month later I pushed him to give me the medicine for hpylori

( I got it positive during the endoscopy test but the doctor for some reason was not

convinced. Probably because the slide turned red after a very long time.. around 12 hours.

I am still not sure what was his basis though)

Only after the antibiotics for hpylori I got my stomach issue sorted out.

• Posted

I'm happy for you...what were your symptoms?because I have abdominal tenderness now almost 5 months..And the doctors says I have nothing.

• Posted

Did you have a Endoscopy ?

I had a CT Scan first and then an Endoscopy..

My symptoms are upset stomach, some reflux..

• Posted

8 month for me now , pain , discomfort , pressure just under ribs,sometimes sternum area , lump feeling in through. upper bloating like a lot

was hpylari treated and still feel the same

doc told me its GERD and anxiety

I m fed up

feel rubbish every day

hope u better soon

• Edited

someone who had it for 1 year told me that he cured it by not eating anything for 3 straight days.. only drinking and eating very light stuff like crackers etc..

• Posted

I heard of it David , but then I red reviews and people say it dose irritates stomach, to strong .

• Posted

Symptoms were all related to stomach discomfort, chest pain and gas. That is mild gastritis. But was annoying because it was present 5 days a week 24x7 . A feeling of non-stop , very mild or noticeable discomfort continuously for days. And after 3-4 normal days the same thing again. I suffered it for 2 years as it was quite new for me. Until when doctor asked me for endoscopy.

• Posted

omg vish. that exactly what I feel like , better days and bad days,but never go away .8 Month non stop 😦

so if u dont mind me asking , how are u now and how u managing it please?

thank you

• Posted

how is your pain feel like I mean tenderness or what?Can you tell me all your symptoms...Because I think I have the same problem.

• Posted

I didn't have endoscopy I did only CT scan..They said I have nothing...Abdominal tenderness and bloating...Chest pain..I'm tired.

• Posted

After 2 years, I approached the doctor for endoscopy. He tested me for hpylori and I got it positive after 12 hours. For some reason doctor was not convinced and asked me to take medicines for anxiety and PPI only. Till i took medicines things were ok, but after stopping it , same issues started again.

So I argued with the doctor for hpylori medicine. And he prescribed me the antibiotics. After 10 days of antibiotics I felt it was cured. Luckily discomfort did not come back. However after 1.5 years of cure, I still get a bit of discomfort from time to time. But that discomfort is just 5% of what I had during hpylori.

To test for hpylori you can go for urea test or stool test too. If you go for endoscopy, they use a special slide to test. It seems many doctors test it for 1 hour only and probably misdiagnose the probability of the bacteria. Because my slide turned red after 10 hours. And doctor had declared me all clear only by seeing it for 1 hour.

• Posted

ah I see

I had hpylari test back in October, was positive , week of antibiotics .

second test still positive , another round of meds in March.

test came back all clear ,but I still have all this stomach issues 😦

I m so tired

• Edited

Search amazon for strong probiotics with high strain of digestive bacterias. Test if that can help. I had used one called "wow". But there are much better probiotics too available. Just in case if that could be the problem with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.