SuperPath experiences good or bad

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi,

I'm scheduled for THR on the 22nd. My surgeon does the SuperPath method. It seems reasonable and I trust my surgeon but would like to know what I'm in for post op and beyond.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lol it's funny were all defending our hip surgeries honour

• Posted

Hi Keith,

I'm gathering info. I'm scheduled for surgery on the 22nd with a "Superpath" surgeon, but I wanted some feedback from others .

Thank you for sharing your experience. 

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Sorry, I didn't have superpath, I had minimally invasive posterior surgery with quite a short scar. (And a v good recovery!) The reason I'm replying is that a while ago there were several people on the site who had superpath, and I think that they all had really good recoveries. They were back to work quickly, and they had less restrictions. Hopefully you will hear from some of them.

All the best, Judith

• Posted

Judith! ....thank you so much for letting me know of others that had SuperPath hip replacement and their good outcomes. It's a little scary going for a new procedure. I was hoping to hear from patients who had SuperPath good or bad....but I guess if the outcome was bad, they'd surely be posting their experiences. 😃

• Posted

Hip replacement has one of the most succesful operations in the world. The chances of anything going wrong is very low, including dislocation. Discrepancy of leg length and nerve damage are, in my opinion, the two major things I would worry about most. Super Path was first tried in 2007. It does seem to be getting more popular, but does need specific special training. Based on what people say on this board, all seem to have, in general, a good outcome from all if them. There are of course problems and all approaches can cause blood loss thus needing a blood transfusion, after op pain, swelling, infection .......

• Posted

I had my hip replaced 2 times and going for my third in 3 weeks I had 2 hip dislocations just by sitting in a chair theres always risks to any surgery good luck to anyone who's getting it down and make sure ur dr is really knowledable and knows what hes doing I'm waiting for a second opinion

• Posted

I should have said revision hips are far more likely to dislocate sadly than the first time round. As I said it is a small percentage who have dislocation I am so sorry you were one of them.

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time. What kind of hip surgeries did you have?

• Posted

I had hip larval tear in 2015 then in 2016 had hip microfracture then in 2017 had my first hip replacment then 2018 in dec 18th had a hip revision which was just the head and socket to the smallest one they had and now I'm going for a revision to change the stem or all I'm not sure really the stem for sure and he cut my tendon to get rid of the hip impingement but I always have groin pain knee pain at still at high risk for dislocation so my life pretty much sucks I've been in and out of hospitals for yrs due to pain and 2 dislocations back amd forth to the drs so once I have this hip revision gonna baby my hip this time and then I'll have surgery on my

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Oh my! you have really been through a lot!! I hope the new size and stem replacement puts an end to your pain. Was the stem too big for your femur?

• Posted

I'm thinking so I always have pain down my leg in my thigh and groin I get stiff so fast and he said the bottom of the stem isnt growing I to the bone or the bone isnt growing I to the stem which ever

• Posted

when you have your superpath done could you post how it went on here as im due mt superpath in the new year . it would be great to have recent feedback.

• Posted

Hi Heather,

Yes I will post my progress here. There's not much feedback on SuperPath. My surgery is on the 22nd.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.