Supplements

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone had success with supplements I think i must have enough to start my own business which a lot I have never used. I have researched and it seems that obviously people are at different stages so there seems to be stages at which to take them I have had a lot of bad reactions especially probiotics but research suggest that sometimes the bad reactions are actually the immune system kicking in .its seems to be a minefield out there for us m e sufferers maybe I can be more informative as I see nutrionalist and physio what treats people with m e and will start the Perrin technique therapy she has also had m e and I am aware she is pretty much over it so I have been waiting a while for the appointment  so look forward to it and maybe put use to some of the money I have spent into the supplement I take the usual so b vitamins also I struggle with sleep anyone tried melatonin 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I only recently was diagnosed with ME/CFS after about 10 years of perpetual illness, fatigue, depression, pain and a feeling of the worst hangover ever that never leaves.  I did get some temporary relief from a raw cows milk dairy product called Kefir.  A doctor recommended it for CFS and fibromyalgia and it did help alot at first but slowly my ME/CFS returned and now I am even worse off because I remembered what it felt like to feel good for a few weeks.  Good luck
    • Posted

sorry to hear that frank its horrible it took me nearly 3 years for diagnosis so it must have been hell for you I can no longer work it's really just levelled out to be honest good luck with things will bear the pro biotic you mentioned in mind
    • Posted

well thank you russ151.  I'm not sure if I have a diagnosis or not.  So many physical illnesses on top of the fatigue and other symptoms.  My oncologist recommended Kefir and I had no idea (until I googled it) what that was.  I hated the taste.  Sort of like a sour buttermilk.  The people from the Balkans drink it two or more times a day.  It is rich in probiotics and B vitamins and has a hormone called Kefirin that gives one a feeling of well being.  The oncologist said he was from the Balkins himself and they prescribe it to persons with cancer, aids, fibromyalgia, lupus and now chronic fatigue.  In less than a week I felt my old self.  I felt so good I didn't want to sleep.  It was like I came alive after being in a fog.  I thought of that old fairy tale Rumplestiltskins.  Not sure if that was spelled right.  Anyway I was telling everybody I know who has some illness or another and at 68 whoi doesn't?  some tried it with positive effects and some didn't.  For a couple of months I was so happy and then I noticed I was waking a little more tired or during the day I'd become exhausted.  If I ate sugar(I later learned about candida) I would feel bad the next day.  If I over exerted myself I wouuld be stiff and sore the next day and it was hard to get out of bed.  If I got stressed about something I would be sapped of energy.  Because the kefir, in order to have all the probiotics and vitamins needs to be organic raw milk that is grass fed it is expensive-almost twice the cost of a quality organic milk I slowed down on the amount I was consuming.  Anyway I get a B-12 injecton every other week and it actually seems to make things worse.  I found out vitamin d is useless unless it comes from raw milk-pasteurization kills any good vitamins and even though they add it to milk our bodies do not soncume or absorb these vitamins and they are toxic in the liver.  I was skeptical of this and had it confirmed by the AMA- that is why there is a disclaimer on every bottle of sold vitamins-they are not positive but in double blind studies people are no different than ones taking a placebo.  Kefirin and Kefir is beneficial.  I learned about good gut bacteria vs bad gut bacteria.  Processed foods and sugar, corn syrups are loved by the good gut bacteria called Candida.  Candida is toxic and turns sugars into fat.  The waste products from Candida makes us sick and many of us are allergic to candida.  Kefir turns on the swith that tell us we are full-Candida turns it off.  Kefir kills Candida and other bad bacterias.  Doctors learned and are learning that children who drink kefir seldom or never have colds or ear infections.  I just felt like sharing.  Mostly I hope everyone will google Kefir and maybe learn how to make it themselves.  I also have Multiple Myeloma and it bounces back and forth from Chroinc to Acute and this could be making me feel bad and my oncologists say it does and is so there may not be a remedy for me but maybe I can help someone else.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.