Surgical meno hell

Posted , 8 users are following.

I know ive been here a lot but I'm really struggling so much I can't cope much more. Is there anyone here going through 'surgical menopause'? My life is crap and has been for the last two years im trying to be positive and hoping one day I will feel better but I can't see an end to this hell. Severe fatigue, nausea, severe health anxiety, horrid achy joints especially knees, wobbly a lot like can't walk in a straight line, can't sleep, digestive issues, thumping heart, spaced out, backache, crying all the time it's just s . . t...........it's too much for me and there's no end to it, I take cod liver oil, vit c, e, b, Feroglobin etc nothing works and every day it's the same old same old. GP said NO to HRT because of migraines, I don't know if I should make an appointment to see my consultant and ask for oestrogen - after my surgery he did say he would be happy for me to go on it but I'm scared because of risks, I'm so depressed. Try to sleep up and down all night pacing around, hubby says he's sick of it well how the hell does he think I feel, well I feel castrated and in torture. Anyone else like me ? x

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi lou sorry ur feeling so bad.. not sure were u live but wud it be an idea to get your doctor to refer you to hrt clinic or women's wellbeing centre? They wud be more up to date on what u can and can't take. Take care ☺☺
    • Posted

Hi tinaarena , that sounds like a good idea actually - I will try that before I contact the hospital actually, thanks x
  • Posted

Hello lou86 Ive heard surgical menopause is the worst. I don't have surgical but I am going through premenopause. Have you tried any herbal supplements im taking Macafem right now. It's seems to be helping and I'm sure your able to take it after surgical men. I've had some of your symptoms like spaced out feeling, depression, and anxiety it seems to help alot I hope this helps, I have another supplement that I want to tell you about but I have to look up the name again praying for you!
    • Posted

Hello tiffine - no havnt tried any herbal remedies because I havnt got a clue where to start and to be honest I'm so tired of spending lots of money of supplements that do nothing to help ! I think I might try and get into a ŵell woman or menopause clinic and see what they come up with - in the meantime if you do think of that other supplement I could give it one last go and try it. Thank you 😥
    • Posted

Ok I understand I spent a lot of money on alot of supplements before I found out I was going thru premenopause..lol I felt like I was going nuts I thought maybe my b vitamins were off or maybe I was anemic omg I felt soooo bad! But I'm on a supplement called "Macafem" it's really helping me but I think your symptoms are much more severe than mine because it's surgical. ..so as soon as I get home from work today I'll message you the name of it..and the menopause clinic is a great idea as,well😊
    • Posted

Oh great thank you very much I appreciate it. So sorry you're suffering too - so many women are and it's a nightmare for all of us. I had no idea it would be this awful 😥
    • Posted

Yes I feel so bad for all of the ladies suffering with this they need more awareness about premenopause/ menopause my mom didn't warn me about this and I don't remember her going thru anything, she is deceased now for 2 years so I can't ask her anything. ..but I'm sure gonna make sure my daughter is fully prepared. In my mom's defense some woman have no symptoms of menopause, so maybe she was one of the fortunate ones!😊😆😉
    • Posted

I'm so so sorry you've lost your mum, I am very lucky to still have mine. I have daughters too and they will be aware of what may happen in later life , I am forever telling them to enjoy their youth and be as happy as they can be as it can get hard later - they know what I'm going through, I don't say a lot but they see it, younger daughter is very sensitive loving and caring - she's 27, eldest is 29 and a daddy's girl !.......Uugghh I wish I was a man for a day as mine has no idea how it is for me, I wish he could be me just for an hour even , there is no way he could cope he'd be crawling the walls 😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.