suspected gallstones

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had severe abdominal pain 2 weeks ago and was informed that I had suspected gallstones and was given a painkilling injection and medication. I am going for a scan tomorrow. But I am concerned that I feel dreadfull and have done so since tthe episode  i have a constant blunt pain with occasional stabbing pain and feel extremely tired. Is this normal ?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Im knew to this forum , but Im having a scan on Saturday I had four stones now three. Iv had my stones for over a year but they didnt bother me. The other week I had teribble pains couldnt settle in bed and eventually had an appointment to have this scan. Iv tried cycling and cut down on my chocolate a little , well cut down my chocolate I think I had a problem I was eating about 4 to 5 bars a week. Im frightened to death if I have to have an operation . Some people say that its worst after the op '''any ideas ? 
    • Posted

I have my surgery Tuesday. I have never been put out. Since I have a daughter it makes me nervous. I feel good about the surgery and surgeon. Low fat diet is what you need to be on. If you like chocolate try low fat oreos and whoppers. If you need any other information just ask. Good luck!
    • Posted

good luck loriwith you op. i wish i knew what was happening with me as i said before i still have a onstant pain although now beginning to think this is phycological as everyone else on here seems to have episodes of this and not all the time, Im still waiting for an appointment with the consultant, i thought i might have inflamation of the gall bladder due to the constant ache but apparently the lining of the gall bladder is thick when that happens and mine is thin so dont think thats what's wrong with me. i'm also still feeling very tired all the time too so getting really fed up now. sad

• Posted

Thanks Elizabeth! Sorry the can't find out what is wrong. It stinks when know one knows. Surgery tomorrow. I will check in when I get my strength back. Hang in there. I have dealt with pain on and off with on thing or another since high school, its no fun. You just need to find the right doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.