SVT advice please :)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there

I was diagnosed with SVT in October last year so I am pretty new to this.  I was just wondering what the funny heart beats are I keep getting?  It's like my heart flip flops (like when you trip over or miss the last step).  My actual SVTs come on and last for hours.  Are these funny blips part of the condition?  I have been taking a low dose of bioprolol for nearly 3 weeks now and have not had an actual SVT but the blips are happening every now and then (I have had 3 or 4 today).  I also have anxiety so they worry me!  Any advise would be received gratefully smile

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Paladinx,

I am sorry you are not happy with your test procedure.   I can only suggest you speak to your GP about this and perhaps have a further test.

• Posted

Hi sonia.

I have suffered SVT for around 8 years, (im 18 now) and before my svt starts i have the 'skipped beats' you were describing.

I had an ablation 6 months ago which sadly failed. My SVTs are brought on by any form of 'exercise' such as walking up stairs or dancing or anything that stresses my heart. My SVTs last until stopped by adenosine and my typical heart rate during an SVT is around 285-290 bpm.

I am now on flecainide (100mg) and bisoprol (5mg) and havent had svt since, i got the medication after my failed ablation.

My pathway was too close to the center of my heart so there was 30% chance of pacemaker so my doctor didnt risk it.

My medication helps me lead a normal life again, i can finally dance!

Hope your issues are resolved soon x

• Posted

Hi i had svt since 16 ish from what i can remember i am now 24, ablated 23.

my heart rate peaked in a&e at 240 yours seems really high, how often do you get it?

• Posted

Mines triggered by adrenaline so like whenever id "exercise". This could be walking upstairs or jogging a few feet. It was very fast and apparently concerned doctors even though i felt fine during my episodes except from the discomfort of the fast rhythm. I only ever had 2 'bad' episodes fortunately enough, i avoided anything that would cause it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.