SVT heart rate factors

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

so im interested to see what factors affect svt heart rate and i was going to share what my idea is on it.

i have undiagnosed svt (cardiologist thinks i have it but has not captured it yet ) and ive had some episodes were i was super anxious when it happened and within about 5 seconds of my heart going funny it was up to about 230 bpm. However, i had one today completely out the blue and it started a bit irregular then went into an svt episode, i sat down and just chilled out and my heart rate stayed at about 165 but i could still feel it was "stuck" in that cycle.

My question: is the svt heart rate fundamentally determined by the physcial location of the extra pathway in your heart and then whenever it goes faster than the base rate (in my case 165 bpm ish) it usually caused by external factors such as adrenaline, exercise or stimulants etc?

i would like to add i can terminate my episodes within about 5-10 seconds by lying in fetal position on my right side.

just wanted to hear peoples views on this.

thank you,

Matt

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had many triggers.

Arms in the air hanging something

Bending over picking something up

Eating to much for dinner.

And them. there are the times, when I am just sitting doing nothing.

Mine always start when a weird fluttery feeling very high in my stomach just around my lowest rib. It feels like gas.I immediately try to burp or cough.

Then bam........off it goes

• Posted

hi yes, i can 100% relate to this its rubbish!.

this morning however i got out of bed and was fine, after about 10 minutes im getting loads of ectopic heart beats, like one nearly every 2-5 beats. i have had this before and it seeems to be a rare occasion i wondered if other people experience this?

little to none ectopics then some days i may get thousands?

• Posted

As far as I know I do not get ectopics.

have you consider taking magnesium?

I take magnesium bis-glycinate 200 mg at bedtime. It has really helped with flutters a lot, and I have an amazing sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.