SVT seems to be back 6 years after ablation.

Posted , 23 users are following.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.I had an ablation for svt in 2008 where the cardiologist found 2 extra pathways and it seemed to have done the trick until now.Over the last few months I noticed a return of my symptoms which started with the odd flutter but seems to have got quite a bit worse the last 3 weeks or so.When I had svt before I normally had small short fairly frequent short episodes with the odd long one which lasted several hours.This time I am experiencing many small ones and in quick succession so i might have a few seconds,then the rhythm corrects then flutters again.I can have dozens of episodes in the space of half an hour for 2 or 3 hours and then nothing for several hours.I am wondering if anyone has had a recurrence of svt but of a different type as there are quite a few out there.As far as I remember the original problem was in the left side of my heart and was not of a life threatening nature.Have any of you developed a different type of svt or arrhythmia when it has recurred?Very grateful for any replies.

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had 2 ablations done in 2013, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to go over my recordings from the heart monitor I wore for a month. I know something is wrong. I've been experiencing the same symptoms of svt. And when they found out what I had and did the ablations they also seen that I had 100's of extra nodes in my heart. I'm scared to find out the results. Just hoping what ever it is. It gets fixed soon as possible. I can be walking for 5 minutes and my heart rate will be up at 165bpm. I'm ready for it to be fixed

• Posted

Jordan right now i skipped my 2nd ablation. I am trying something else like eating more grilled fish and somehow it made my heart quiet. I also had several IV chelation treatment and mega dose vitamin C from a naturapathic doctor. Avoid the obvious also. Have adequate sleep dont sleep late and slowly it will make your heart quiet. I also took some Magnessium supplement and selenium. Hope it helps. Think it many times before getting ablation if its too close to the avnode you may end up having a pacemaker. Try the natural way see a naturopathic doctor first.
  • Posted

I had my first SVT on January 27 2017, or so I thought, that day I nearly passed out luckily landing on the lounge. I didn't realise it but I was having episodes in my sleep, I would wake up soaked thinking it was just our hot summery (Australia). I attended ED five times in a short period of time, DX was SVT on the first presentation, nothing worked for me except for Adenosine.

I had a EPS study done and was booked in for an ablation at the end of February, they found one extra pathway.

All was goo until June, I had two short episodes and at the end of June I hit 170bpm and was back into ED again, had another occurrence the following night. I had a consult with my Cardiologist, did a stress test etc and it all showed a strong healthy heart (except for the SVT) and he booked me in for a second ablation on August 28th, I had been on Metoprolol since June, I went off it a week before the second Ablation and had an occurrence each on Sat and Sun, had the ablation on Monday and they couldn't find anything, although they did burn three of the more common locations for a SVT to start. I went home Tuesday and had another SVT at 152bpm, to say I'm frustrated is an understatement, now I have to wait until November to see the cardiologist for the follow up.

• Posted

I think your heart had too much ablation. I also would suggest next time you have to undergo ablation if you choose to is to have a different doctor. The key to ablation is you should go to a medical center who performs a lot of ablation procedures, to high volume centers. Obviously, your doctor sound clueless of what is happening to you and that is not a good sign or else he will just continue burning your heart to the point that you will need a pacemaker sucks! 
    • Posted

Last time I had an SVT was January this year about 252 boom, my troponins went up thought I had a heart attack due to the fast heart rate which may had caused minute damage to my heart muscle.  I asked for Magnessium IV 2 g in the ER and then I continued Magnessium Citrate tablet 500 mg 2 to 3 times per day. I also tried IV chelation, acupuncture, and eating healthy more vegetables which I blender used using NutriBullet. Try to sleep early around 9pm never sleep late. Listen to relaxing music especially when going to sleep. There is a lot of music available at clar8ty.com for relaxation and sleep. When you get enough sleep your heart will start behaving well. Try to find a clinic in your place where you can have Dr. Sandra Michael's Energy Enhancement System trust me on this it will help your SVT a big deal. Avoid eating meat also especially beef and avoid rice and bread or any concentrated sweets and sugar. People like us need to have a perfect lifestyle smile don't worry to much these SVts will soon pass just give your body the break it needs and supply your body with the essential nutrients the body needs by eating raw grease fruit and vegetables you blenderized, why blenderized? So you can eat and drink more if these nutritious foods. Lastly, command your body to heal itself and in due time it will go away on its own. Just don't worry too much it can't kill you though! Goodluck

• Posted

Hi! I have also had two separate ablations on svt over ten years ago and up until a month ago besides from my occasional PVS and PACs I was ok. Now all of a sudden I started getting palpatations that came on every strong and made me feel faint and now I'm getting small runs off and on of a fast irregular beat that last for hours at times or sometimes seconds but I feel like I'm gonna drop and like my bloid is not getting through my body properly. I think its svt coming back just more serious this time. Do you also feel these symptoms when getting your episodes?

• Posted

Yes, a new pathway can regrow.  I was diagnosed and had ablation 20 years ago.  All was fine until last year when I started getting episodes again.  This time I am being put through the same hoops as last time and I am getting weaker and weaker.  I was misdiagnosed for 6 years last time, doctors telling me it was just anxiety and depression because my labs and ekgs would be normal...well by the time I would get to a hospital it would pass.  same thing is happenening again.  they put me on king of hearts or holters and i get no episodes until the test is over.  I've been to ER via rescu 9 times in 9 weeks this year.   Was told not to go to ER again as there is nothing wrong with me.  I am scared once again that I will die before they believe me.  It came down to me almost dying 20 years ago for them to do the ep study

• Posted

Hi. I had my ablation in March of last year but like you, I seem to be experiencing similar symptoms only after 12 months. 
  • Posted

I had ablation for SVT 24 years ago. I was pretty much one of the first people it was done on, from my understand I was the second during experimental stages, and definitely the youngest. I had just turned 9. Mine is one that is in medical books that doctors have studied on for these procedures. Over the years the symptoms have still been there off and on and I still have a slight murmur, although I can not tell about the murmur and didn’t know about it until several years ago. From my understanding from all of my doctors ablation does not completely eradicate the SVT or symptoms. It can come back. I did not know this until a few years ago. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older. Absolutely frustrating when you thought you were “fixed” and go to the doctors and they tell you you are “fine” but to keep coming back. So after this many years I’ve just learned to monitor it and deal with it the best I can. My worst episode in quite some time was yesterday. So I’m trying to figure out better ways to calm it back down than just sitting and waiting for it to calm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.