Swallowing

Posted , 12 users are following.

does anyone feel like there's a lump in your throat ? another horrid symptom.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. I get it off and on. Just got over a bout of it that lasted a few days. Had endoscopy last March and all was OK except for chronic gastritis. So I figure it's caused by acid reflux or anxiety. I sometimes will get a chest tightness feeling with it that can last all day. All cardiac tests were normal too so I think that the tightness is also reflux or anxiety.....They both can cause these symptoms and my main issues during this menopause journey are stomach issues and anxiety.

What a mess this menopause causes for us!

• Posted

Hi yes mine are stomach problems and anxiety to. Acid reflux gets really bad and my ibs x
    • Posted

oh no poor you, yes acid reflux is horrid and I do get that, depressing. I also seem to have a constant growling stomach that I wonder if maybe a bit of ibs. x
    • Posted

gosh how awful for you, ive also had the chest pains with tightness , took myself to hospital as I truly thought I was having a heart attack. Stayed overnight had lots of tests, chest X-ray etc, doctors put it down to anxiety, I didn't believe them at the time, really scary.

• Posted

Get your thyroid checked if you can as I now have a lovely goiter thanks to ignoring said lump in throat!
    • Posted

Thank you I will but im already on thyroxine and had a check recently, have checks annually. I had a goitre years ago just like you it's easily sorted , hope it soon gets sorted for you.

• Posted

Hi Louise yes use to get often when I'm stress up don't get anymore but I did heard few people in menopause talk about it.

• Posted

thank you yes , stress is so hard to get rid of. Wake up with it, go to bed with it !
  • Posted

Yes I get it everytime I'm anxious! Just try to come down keep myself busy and not think about it and goes away. It's so scary!

• Posted

I've experienced it with anxiety

• Posted

Yes it certainly doesn't help the anxiety which itself is another flipping issue !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.